why do we have a rep system?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Nizbomb, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Why do we have a rep system? just curious because i don't see how it benefits the site.

2. so people know whether to take a person's advice seriously or to think twice before believing someone, and just for fun

3. why do people wear jewelry?

4. shitz and gigz

i vowed to never leave until i reached maximum e-peen

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's just an easy way for people to say "Hey man, sweet post. High five!"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Its a way to tell a user you like their post, that they thought it was helpful. The rep bars, at least in my opinion, show who is trust worthy and someone who contributes a lot to GC

• Like Like x 1
  7. Because it is fun.

8. because i'm ballin out of control and I just can't help it

9. na. just because someone doesn't have a lot of bars doesn't mean their advice is worthless
    idk. i never understood the purpose of jewelry either
    good point i guess. thanks

10. #11 sushiaddict, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011
    because it makes people feel special.

oh hey I'm starting to feel the vibe
    ahaha

11. Were you going anywhere with this one, Darth Sirsog? :p

;)

12. Haha, yea, i was making the point that asking why we have rep is along the same lines as asking why people wear jewelry. Its all for fun and show, makes you appear different by doing nothing to actually change you hehehehehe.

13. LOL! You could have just said no, dude. :p

But yeah....you're on a path of some kind with that one.
    :bolt:

14. #15 Inthedirt4good, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011
    At a glance or when skimming, i'd found it handy as a credibility rating when seeking information on various accepted cultivation practices from knowledgeable contributing members.

after becoming somewhat familiar with rep trends i would say, to most of the general population, it is like a currency of the community.. a reward and acknowledgment for participation.

to others it really doesn't matter.. and it shouldn't. in my opinion a quality contribution from a certain member will stand out in my mind far more than x number of green bars ever will.

all said and done, its just a fun little thing not to be taken too seriously :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. It shows that you have helpful or funny posts. Or tits.

16. The Rep system is kind of pointless. I have just joined two days ago and already have 6 reps, but 4 of them came in as neutral because the people were not able to share positive rep. How many reps does it take to add a bar to above your screen name anyways?

17. http://forum.grasscity.com/general-feedback/348087-reputation-faq.html

18. so rep is the "bling" of GC? :smoke:

19. hahahahahaha yes, yes it is i supposed