Why Do We Give a Shit About Politics?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Solid State Society, Oct 12, 2013.

1. I find that politicians have NO interest in people. They are the only ones to create problems then lobby against them. I don't know how anyone can tune into the news, C-Span and other channels like it and not see that they're being lied to...duped...taken for a fool. Politicians just want control over us. 

Take for example this Government shutdown fiasco. It has happened so many times now to the point where everyone should be PISSED the hell off. Everyone is talking about "Obamacare this...democrats that..republicans waaaaaaahhh!!!111" but no one is actually doing anything about it. 

Really?! It's all garbage! There are no two sides...it's just ONE entity brainwashing the masses. Divide and conquer, that's their whole purpose. 

There are only a handful of people pulling the strings then there's us. We outnumber them by an insanely high ratio...yet no one sees that theirs strength in numbers. They just want to keep us divided, dumb, illiterate and docile. 

Debt ceiling? What the f*ck? DEBT DOESN'T EXIST. 

Oh you got credit card debt? BIG DEAL, it doesn't exist. 

Oh you got student loan debt? Same idea. 

My point is everyone is so distracted while these people are continually fucking over the human race every single day. If you try to fight back, they got the devils army (police) protecting them. We live in such a fabricated reality. I don't watch TV anymore, it's garbage. I don't listen to the radio. I don't want to live in a major city anymore. Naturally, all you need is the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would want done to yourself. Unless there is a mass realization among the people in America (it starts there.), you're all going to be fucked. America is headed into a totalitarian society where the military and police will do w/e the hell they want to do to you. Where the food is so unfit for human consumption, cancer and other debilitating diseases will be common in every household. Where you're told what to believe and have no freedom of self expression. Where the young ones will be indoctrinated into a school system that practically raises them instead of the parents. Where the education will be lacking so hard, we won't learn the proper mathematics (which is the language of the Universe.), kids won't know how to read and write properly, no arts and physical education will be a thing of the past. 

There's so much more i want to say but i'll end it here. What do you guys think? Where is your country going? And what are you doing about it?

You are in for a rough awakening if you think that China are just handing you money. Debt is debt.

3. Debt is debt to the minds that believe money printed and reprinted over and over again will solve problems. Debt is a control mechanism and will enslave practically every person in the system, unless you're A) the one controlling the money supply or B) You're a part of the ~3% of the populace with all the fiat currency you could ever spend in a lifetime. 

If you want real money, back it by raw minerals such as silver and gold. Why do you think they seized all the gold from the people of the USA and said if they don't hand it over they will go to jail? 

um you must be a fool to think debt doesn't exist

the US has basically been in debt since forever. this isn't so bad since we have become the "most powerful nation." but if congress was more responsible we would not have ever gotten to the place we are now

we coulddddd exist with or without debt, they just choose not to

Yup. Debt is what it is, regardless of whether it's based on a fiat currency or not.

The more interesting thing to me is that our money is debt-based instead of asset-based -- like money under a gold standard would be.

But WTF is "debt-based money"??? The concept sounds silly. But they pay off debt (Treasury securities that come due) by issuing more debt, i.e. paper or digital currency. The system is definitely fucked up and is not sustainable, like all fiat money systems.

I think the British pound, as a fiat currency, is older than the fiat dollar but they too will fall someday. The dollar being the world "reserve currency," other nations peg the value of their currency on the dollar. No major players have a precious metal-backed currency last I knew. The global economic system is based on paper or computer digits backed by nothing more than other paper or digits, lol.

"May you live in interesting times."

6. You obviously have a very poor understanding of how a government works.

7. Debt doesn't exist. Hah.

8. humph... why do you give a shit about politics?

9. I do? Interesting.And your understanding is better than mine? lol. Tell me then, could you govern yourself? Why are you governed by a body of people who honestly don't have your best interest in mind? A real government is for the betterment of human life and it is run by the people themselves. Not by a load a criminals as it is today. 

are you hearing yourself right now

we "govern" ourselves because it's what keeps us alive. without rules/laws that you deeply despise, shit would be more crucial than it is now

it's the amount of power they have and how much we allow to give them (as i have said before) that matters

11. Whether you like it or not, politics play a role in every facet of your life. Not always government politics, but politics nonetheless. People who try to ignore politics just don't understand them, and it usually leaves them frustrated, which is why they try to ignore it in the first place.

12. dont get that credit card u can't afford. not in debt. am I missing something here? if u do get in debt get insurance ? cant afford college. dont go! its not like theirs a job waiting for you anyway. cant buy a house? rent. im not in debt and im not a billionaire holy shit.

13. This^

But honestly, I think everyone should pay attention. I hate the ignorance in America.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. The only politics is paying the money we dont have. Thats a big deal to simple minds. 

15. Speak for yourself..

16. Politics is whats wrong with america

17. Government is nothing more than "a gang of thieves writ large." -- Murray Rothbard

Politics is the oil that lubricates the murderous, thieving machinery of the state.

18. I dont give a shit about politics. Honestly, if you truly care enough, get off your ass and go live off grid. Be a subsistence farmer, build a homestead. you dont like the system? Thats about as removed as you can get in this world. As long as you pay your land tax you could have basically no other connection to any of it if you desired.

If you dont like it do something about it. People bitch up and down but very rarely do anything to change any of it. a government is just made of people and ideas, what have you done to impact ANY of it? If you only observe dont be surprised when there isnt change.

19. #19 lilro, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013

Politics are still in your life if you're off the grid. Politics exist even in a stateless society.

20. pretty sure politics goes back to the roman empire or something like that, it's all one big show I always see people in suits talking on camera, but I never see a difference it's just continuous people talking infront of cameras every damn day.