Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do we get the munchies???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AZBLAZER420, Feb 1, 2011.

1. why??(keeping it simple:cool:)

2. I always thought/believed that the munchies are the body's natural defense to THC. It's absorbed by fat cells, so your body makes you eat a bunch of fatty stuff to soak it all up. Makes sense to me, but it almost makes it sound like thc is a poison of some kind, and wouldnt the body know better? lol

3. I think its cause it gives you energy, which increases your heart rate, and then once you start coming down your body needs to refuel. But I'm probably wrong.

4. Uhhhh...in a word?

No.

Pretty good story tho. Made me laugh! :D:D:D

To put it simply, THC affects certain receptors in the brain responsible for controlling appetite, specifically appetite regulation, hence the "munchies".

5. there are cannabinoid receptors in our brain and stomach/intestinal tract that are stimulated by the cannabinoids in the weed, so you brain tells the body its hungry, your stomach also relaxes (which is why weed is very effective for nausea and other stomach problems)

6. I'm pretty sure the THC makes your blood sugar levels drop which makes you hungry..

THC and Blood Sugar
    just found that

7. To be honest, it's a mix of blood sugar levels and the fact that the act of combusting the dried cannabis plant and inhaling the smoke causes you to dehydrate, which sends hunger signals.

:smoke:

8. MJ promotes digestion...(keeing it simple:cool:)