Why Do We Continue To Fight Wars?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by UrbanGuerilla64, May 28, 2014.

1. Why do industrialized nations even fight war anymore? Strictly for ideological reasons?
    you can't take the resources or land of the other nations you beat so why fight them? There isnt anything to gain.
    I understand fighting to defend your self and i understand fighting for resources but other than that i dont see the point in killing our men and women for no benefit
    In the next 30 years when everyone has drones then there really would be no point in fighting wars. At that point it seems like who ever has the most money will win a drone war.

2. One word. MONEY

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. to defend freedom and liberty and democracy  :devious:  :devious:  :devious:  :devious:

4. Propaganda is strong

5. #5 morange, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    wait I'm confused. when did it stop being possible to take land or resources from somewhere after a war? There's wars going on right now over that stuff.

but yeah mostly because of money. Somewhere, somebody is making profit off of it.

6. If we went to go take over a country and rob it of its resources we would have major problems with other nations.

7. I don't see how that's currently a problem though. Right now the most resource rich continent on the planet, Africa, is being robbed blind from countries all over the world exploiting their resources, all the while it's dealing with civil wars all over the place and poverty.

Once shit starts getting crazy and a world war develops I don't think it would be a far fetched idea to see massive transformation of resources and land between different owners.

8. Freedom. It's worth fighting for, even if it isn't your own.

9. if were talking about ALL wars and not just the ones featuring the US, then it would be religion. any/all religion.

10. The official reason for war is to decrease a nation's military strength. However we all know there are 3rd party benefits.

11. Cant wait for that day when as a race, the human race, we realize we are all brothers and sisters; and move beyond the need for war.

Space exploration will help us in that sense I believe. As a conduit for various parts of the population

12. #12 Cereal Killer, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    They're initiated to financially benefit third parties in bed with the government, and carried out by nationalists/patriots. At least this seems to be the case for most modern wars of industrialized nations, particularly the US.

13. "My dicks bigger than yours!"

14. Because greed and conflicting ideologies will always exist.

Those two things are the two main causes for all wars throughout history. Especially greed. Whether it's greed for influence, wealth, resources, territory, or anything else, it has always been one of the most prominent root causes of war and will continue to be until we are extinct.

15. You can't stop wars. There will always be a war. Since the beginning of man. It's literally embedded in our psyche. Someone won't get along, there will be differences or something someone else wants. And young men will fight and die. Until there are no more humans.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. #16 MissBaracuta, May 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
    Because we are stupid.  Instead of using logic lets just take our T shirts off and see who is the big boy in town!!!!  All Countrys are STUPID!!!  Speciall the middle EAST!!!!

LOL and just to let you know I am retired ARMY!!!!!!

17. Wars are fought over political freedom, territory, but mainly over natural resources. The dispute can easily be solved over a rational compromise, but since their amygdalas are active -- it always lead to a irrational action that causes significant destruction.

How to prevent this? Put smarter politicians in office.

18. Because people like money. Rich and poor.

From the CEO of Haliburton down the enlisted man in the Army. Everyone wants a slice of that American Pie :smoking:

19. yeah then i see it being possible..but i belive there is a formal treaty that most of the nations signed after WW2 that pretty much said you cant take over other peoples countrys,you cant enslave there people,you cant loot them,you cant use chemical,biological or nuclear weapons. Etc.

20. Money ,apposing religions ,arrogance.