Why do we care so much?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by THC101, Mar 26, 2009.

1. [sarcasm]
    We can do whatever we want when our national security is at stake, and from now on it is always at stake. Please just turn the TV back on and forget about it.
    [/sarcasm]

2. but what makes them believe its at stake?

3. They might not believe it's at stake, but they want us to think it is so they can continue poking and prodding, furthering their hidden agendas.

4. then again we are -or atleast were- the only superpower in the world

5. the term for this is American Exceptionalism.

6. lol chinas got a massive army and we get our money from them these days so who knows where its headed..

7. I wonder... if we keep borrowing and borrowing... and the total amount borrowed equals 51% of our assets. Who owns the US? Not that it will get that bad, but you know, "technically".

8. yeah exactly.. it definately makes you wonder..

9. I guess the good news is if China goes to war with us then that's a whole lot of debt wiped clean from our books. And if they continue financing our debt, then we can just spend money forever! It's a win-win situation!

10. in my opinion i see it as lose-lose. The money from them runs out at a certain point, packed on with interest, and us people at the bottom will be the one feeling the severe effects. And If we went to war with china, we would then have to find someone else with the money to finance it and lend us money.

11. My TV just told me Mad Max will be on at 7

12. :confused: does this pertain to the topic at hand?

13. someone mentioned TV

14. I love mad max, what channel?

15. It's called derailment. People do that on purpose to stop a conversation. The confusion the apparently random statement puts in your mind breaks your concentration on what you were talking about.

The thread stopped after he said that didn't it?

16. #17 Bandelero, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009

17. I know, my first link i posted states china telling the us to 'drop cold war tactics', but those are empty demands.
    If we feel like it, we will comply. IF it will benefit from it. But if our GOV doesnt want to, they really dont have to and other countries wont test that at all.
    china starts advancing on a military stand point and we demand automatic transparency, which is risking damaging our relationship; N korea starts advancing in weapons technology and we dont want them to and begin to threaten them; somehow WE are allowed to, but they arent- But you wont ever see China demanding our military has 'transparency' or to stop our nuclear program..