Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do some strains take longer to hit you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nick0739, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Sometimes when I smoke it takes 2-3 minutes until I'm high, but sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes. So why do some strains hit you faster?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You're not really expecting a serious answer, are you?

3. It would appear so. He made the thread right?

Pretty sure this is a legitimate question. Some strains are known for giving a high that "creeps" up on the user.

5. I can't say I've experienced this myself, so I'll leave it to more experienced blades

6. I don't know but I've smoked 2 bowls in a row before and didn't feel high at all but when loading the 3rd i suddenly got extremely stoned. That shit was a creeper. Idk why it happens but creepers seem to hit you hard

Sent from my C5155 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Why wouldn't I be?

8. Im pretty high i geus................................wait....wait.......................DAYUYM IM HIGH AS FUCK SHYT DAT CREEP CREEP GOT ME WOW STONED   :hippie:

9. I've had weed take 15 minutes to kick in and others instantly. It's just the genetics

10. This grandaddy purp im smoking hit me like a ton of bricks :D

Fuck you, thief.

12. Nobody has a "scientific" explanation for why this happens?! I'm curious now, come on peeps.

13. #13 Storm Crow, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    The answer has to do with the chemical composition of cannabis. Cannabis that "sneaks up" on you (aka "creeper weed", when I was a young hippie) does so because of the CBD content. CBD first blocks, then potentiates the THC high! The terpines and compounds like myrcene also can play a part by speeding the THC high. It is all about the "entourage effect"  - cannabinoids and other compounds in cannabis work together to give you a better high, or for better healing! The studies about this can be found in "Granny Storm Crow's List"!

Now most folks have to go online to find the List, but GC members can get their copy directly from me! To get your free PDF copy, just check out the bottom of my sig, and send me an email- PMing me your email address also works!

Granny

14. Wow that's interesting, thanks!

15. #15 tstick, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    Have you ever smelled something that sparked a memory? Like, when I was a kid, I grew up in the Black Hills and the smell of pine trees was everywhere. Man, on a warm summer day, hiking through those hills and smelling those pines, made me feel naturally high. So, whenever I smell fresh pine trees, it instantly makes my mind travel back to those days….and the smell, alone, makes me feel high…because it sparks up that memory and then I feel like I felt in that memory. 

I've been a believer that certain strains of marijuana -those which contain very specific terpenes, can definitely speed up the onset of the high…because the smell is an instant trigger, for one thing. It far exceeds the THC chemical dose, in terms of stimulating the brain.

I can give you another related example about a strain of weed that I got that had been tested to 27% THC….but wasn't cured well at all and didn't really have any taste or flavor -just a lot of THC. The effect? It gave me a headache! I hated it. 

I've also smoked several strains with THC levels around 15%  -but were cured perfectly and smells like everything from Starburst candy to 7-Up and honey…to tarred roads….to rotten fruit….puke…poop….chocolate….you name it. In each case, the smoke ing experience was satisfying and memorable -for the flavors and smells, alone!

It's so crazy how many different terpenes marijuana can produce.

Anyway. I think that smell and flavor can account for some of the onset of the high.

/2 cents