Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do some people reach this point?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Long White Cloud, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Never thought this would happen to me. I don't really want to smoke anymore. The feeling has become a drag and I'm not enjoying the buzz. After 6 years of smoking and defiantly denying any wrongdoing on my part or the herb, I suddenly find myself in a position where I'd almost say I need to stop. This daily habit has left me uninspired and boring. My intellectual spark has become clouded. My memory is pretty bad. Everything blends into the same shit. My high school years have disappeared into a fog. I have a constant tired feeling on my eyes even while not high. It's taken me 6 years to properly enjoy being sober again.

It's been 3 days completely off and I'm starting to feel like me again. I'm dreaming again, I finished a book, it was good. My creative mind is beginning to wake up again. Ironically I feel more spiritually connected to the world than I have in some time. I've begun to appreciate the landscape I live in again, and notice new things about the area I've spent the last 10 years looking at.

My brothers were both chronic stoners in their teen years and each had some sort of moment, or gradual turn, where weed stopped being appealing. I used to snicker at the idea, I've loved this herb for a while now. But lately it's been stifling me and the buzz is unenjoyable. I realised I have fuck all in common with my "friends" when I'm not high. Fuck.

2. You simply don't need to be doing it all the time for it to be enjoyable. If you were doing it habitually and often, you get eventually get tired of it because you're no longer doing it to have a good time, but out of necessity. I've been using it daily for 4+ years (and occasionally for years before that), and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon, I enjoy it too much.

3. Yea man I've been smoking for 12 years and you have to make sure it doesn't get in the way of your priorities. It can be a vice if you allow to be one, and it can also be a great way to meditate at the end of the day.

4. I found that because you have been smoking so much for such a long time your body and mind start to make being high feel like it's just boring normal life. If you take a break, even a few days you should get that spark back and being sober for awhile can be fun. When I take a break I usually have a ton of energy and feel good in general. But you have to want to take a break or your just going to be bored

5. you probably just need to cut back a bit and look at everything happening around you, smoking weed is an inherently good thing and is usually not a bad thing until something in your environment changes.

6. Sorry to hear that it turned out this way. Even while I'm a very VERY lightweight user, I do get a feeling if boredom, non-creativity and cloudiness when I do the occasional every day 24hours a day for a week routine.

Take a long break, a month or more. Then stick with a certain routine like smoke only in the weekend after all your priorities are done and you're ready to wind down with a good game/ movie/ book. If this works, then good! If the herb still gets you down, then it s time to close that chapter of your life and move on.

Good luck

7. Someone reaches that point by staying high all day everyday. If you enjoy the herb in moderation, you would not have these problems.

8. sounds like you went into a weed-freeze lol. that's what i've always called it when people stop paying attention to the world around them. like being frozen in a block of weed. yah, go get a job, go interact with the world around you, learn something. so long as you always balance your sober time and your high time, you should never reach this point again. remember, don't just smoke to smoke, smoke to enhance whatever activity you are doing.

9. Pretty much the reason I sorta stopped. I'll still toke now and then, 3 times a week at most. But my mind just can't handle daily anymore after smoking for 4 years straight.

Omega369 :wave:

10. There's a difference between marijuana enhancing your life and becoming your life. pretty much just don't abuse it and you'll be fine. maybe just cut back a little. i don't see anything wrong with smoking a nice bowl after an annoying day.