Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do some people not prefer kushes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Houstoner420, Jan 21, 2012.

1. I've read here and there that some folks don't like kushes. I've had some kush that wasn't primo primo but was better than mids plenty of times. I've had a lot of them that didn't have any trics or hairs hardly. I have seen that a lot but never really attributed that to the fact that it's kush or crossed with kush. But then there's bubba kush, which is what I have now, and it's so phenomenal.. I don't get it. What's the deal? :smoke:

2. Maybe they don't like indicas?

3. People are probably more concentrated on finding the danker weed, kushes are nice but there is so much variety to weed that it all comes down to THC content

4. Kushes lol. Some people prefer sativa.

5. My first few times getting really fucked up on weed I smoked fruit kushes. They're 40/60 sativa indica in general, I think.

Definitely a full, fulfilling high. Not the best to vape necessarily, but if you get that right temp for CBD/CBN it'll just be a bit harsher and they still work out well.

I'm a fan, but some people (especially heavy tokers) will just get couch lock from kush if they smoke it. Which isn't ideal for some.

6. Although that may be the answer.. almost all buds are hybrids. Even kush. Whether indica dominate or sativa dominant. I'm just wondering if there's a difference I've missed other than the obvious.

7. For me it's the couch lock that kushes tend to give me as I tend to prefer an uplifting high.

8. kush does not give intense high imo

9. All bud cept that schwag is better then mids lol kush strains are bomb anyway

10. Diesel daysmoke
    Kush nightsmoke
    They proly just done like the couch lock effect from indicas
    or maybe the kush craze is taking after the purp craze- people are getting fed up and sick with/of it when it's really no better than green or other strain/species of bud as long as the grower took care of each one. idk:confused:

11. I had a half o of Some sliver kush that was some of the best weed I have smoked for taste and to help me sleep

12. Idk....

...what is a preference? Sounds mind boggling.

13. I certainly wouldn't turn down a kush strain, or any indica for that matter. But I prefer sativa's or sativa dominants. But being in a medical state and being a patient, I'm usually able to opt for a sativa anyway.

14. Basically, most plants in the "kush" family tend to have a similar high. I don't always want that type of high, and so tend to avoid kushes. However, that choice comes from actually knowing what I'm getting.

Kush is often just a term thrown around by people trying to sell more. Alot of the weed sold as a "kush," isn't a kush. It's a term that people respond to, so it's used a lot.

Real kush-family plants are great. They are relatively stable, as they've been inadvertently stabilized for hundreds of years. The high that comes with it is nice, sometimes. Often, I don't want to be dumb, unmotivated, and stuck to the couch. I like my sativas...

15. I'm smoking purple kush right now, smells like coffee c: it's definitely an indica, and definitely couch-locking.

16. I love kush, i love indica and i hate sativa with a passion. If i dont have that couchlock numb feeling like im flying then it wasnt a good high to me. Most dealers use kush as a way of saying the weed is dank when it really isnt a kush.

17. Idk, i've never smoked one and thought, "damn, that was great, i'm gonna remember that strain name and try to get it again."

18. I definitely don't like the same high all day, everyday. I like to have a variety so I can smoke which ever strain I find appropriate for what I'm doing. I wish Texas was a medical state for the simple reason that I can pick and choose from multiple strains. We get plenty of different strains and they constantly change but it would be nice to have it all in one location. As far as kushes go, I appreciate the feedback. All this being said, I don't want to smoke any type of bud all the time. It gets old. Even when the buds fantastic. But I greatly enjoy kush when I'm just relaxing. I guess some people are just headies all the way. I can dig.

19. I prefer Sativas. Kush is not a sativa, that is why I do not prefer them.