why do some people not get high?

Discussion in 'General' started by naturegirl, Jan 1, 2012.

1. it's probably been asked so many times on here before. but seriously, why? even when it looks like they're smoking it right, they say they still feel the same while i'm SO high. are they just not relaxing enough? or is it even more complicated: are their cannabinoid receptors not strong enough?
    one of my friends gets almost angry when we're all high and she's not. she always leaves in a pissed off mood. lol...i mean... sorry?

2. shes doing it wrong

3. I never got what was so hard about smoking...I got it on my first hit. Some people are just stupid and don't know how to breathe

4. yea one of my family members supposedly was "unaffected" by it.

lmao, its called you don't know how to smoke, all you do is breathe in smoke, nothing difficult

5. rule 1 for noob smokers. if you dont cough, you wont get off.

6. It could be WAY more serious than "She's not doing it right!" :eek: You are on the right track about the cannabinoid receptors, naturegirl! :hello:

The way you get high is that the THC activates CB1 receptors in your brain. The THC activates the CB1 receptor and a little thing called a G i/o effector protein sends the message into the cell. The message can be all sorts of things - "I 'm stoned! :smoking:" or "Die! " to a cancer cell, or "Calm down! " to a pain nerve!

CB1 receptors are found on the surface of cells in the body and brain. Every time a cell divides, new CB receptors are made. And that is where the problems begin!

Without Omega 3, that important little G i/o effector protein doesn't get attached properly. The Omega 3 is needed to "glue it down" where it belongs! Here's the abstract about that-

[FONT=&quot]“Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/ebm/record/21278728/abstract
    /Nutritional_omega_3_deficiency_abolishes_endocannabinoid_mediated_neuronal_functions_

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Granny's translation – “The US diet sucks big time and we are fat, undernourished, and crazy because of it. We get WAY too much Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3. Not getting enough Omega 3 can make you crazy because without it, the CB1 cannabinoid receptors in your brain aren't made right- a chunk that is supposed to be attached, isn't! Broken receptors give you “impaired emotional behavior”. So we think it's the low Omega 3 diet is making the US totally nuts!”[/FONT]

If she eats an "average American diet", many of her cannabinoid receptors are defective. The "good new/ bad news" is that we have millions of receptors and can function with a lot of them out of action, but it will take a while to replace enough of the broken receptors so she gets high. :smoke:

Those CB1 receptors that prevent depression and other "impaired emotional behavior", are the same ones that also get you high! What holds true for depression and Omega 3, should hold true for getting high and Omega 3! Both are controlled in the hippocampus area of the brain!

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood? How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?

She also needs to take a long hard look at her diet! We need more fruits and veggies (preferably raw) in our diets. Whole grains need to replace white flour and rice! More wild salmon, and grass-fed beef, less feed-lot beef and pork! Diet affects our mental state more than most folks realize!

Hope that helps her get high!

Granny :wave:

tldr: Get her on Omega 3 ASAP! :yay:

7. Because they're brainwashed into thinking weed is bad and scared of what's illegal.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." -Thomas Jefferson.

8. Either they can't inhale, or they have a tolerance and don't get as high as a newb would.

9. If she doesn't cough while inhaling, she isn't inhaling right.

10. i got so much THC in my system that all a couple bowls will do to me is relax me out and give me that warm feeling. No more heart racing, or long train of thoughts, sensation in feeling.

once i stop smoking for at least a week, cough after first bong hit and back to being stoned

11. ha yea, the way i did it first (i had never smoked anything before) i just sucked it into my mouth and breathed normally.

if you tell a noob to do that, it's like foolproof

12. If he/she doesnt cough at least once, you got some bobby brown or their not inhaling.

13. Lol true shit. I once got my jewish friend to get the smoke in his mouth, swish it around from cheek to cheek like 20 times like he had water in his mouth, then to inhale really really fast and to whole the smoke in for 10 sec. the dude almost died from coughing, funniest shit ever man.

14. lmfao wtf man. i'm half jewish meself hahahaha that sounds hilarious

15. Lol yeah, it suppose to choke you but it gets you higher.. Shit is kinda ridiculous

16. [quote name='"Enemizz"']

Lol yeah, it suppose to choke you but it gets you higher.. Shit is kinda ridiculous[/quote]

Lol well 5 seconds is all u need rly. I used to hold it in long times as well.

Eh it was unnecessary tho

17. @storm crow, that's really interesting! i don't really know much about how your diet can affect you getting high, so those articles were cool. my diet kind of sucks though.. i lived off of ramen for weeks after my meal plan ran out but i was still able to get high haha. but i guess we're all so different. yeah i definitely think it has at least something to do with CB receptors because i watch my friend and she seems to be smoking right!