why do some people have to smoke weed in order to fall asleep?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Deleted member 979069, Jan 16, 2017.

1. is it more like an addiction or a habit?

2. From my Understanding it helps people who claim to have Insomnia. I sometimes smoke when it's late because I end up having a great sleep whenever I smoke prior to bed. I think it can become an awful habit after awhile if you depend on smoking before bed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. There may be some underlying psycological reasoning to it. As for me, all I have to do is turn on Fox news and watch and hour of that and I want to kill myself. God dammit give me the fuckin bong so I can blast my brains into oblivion and sleep like a baby tonight. Or else I'll be hearing Megan kelley's whiney ass voice in my head for hours and i toss and turn in sheer agony.

• Like Like x 9
  4. i know it affects really young people like 16 yrs but if u started smoking at like 25 it shouldnt really effect in terms of addiction right?

5. I have a torn rotator cuff, and like to sleep on my side but the pain is incredible. Weed helps.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Why do some people get stoned and start dumb threads?

• Like Like x 8
  7. Because we are stoned and bored. Why do some people respond to dumb threads?

• Like Like x 7
  8. I do get cravings from time to time. Either that or i just wana feed my boredom lol

9. i smoke before i go to bed just to sleep better at night. Dont get me wrong. I can still sleep like a baby without it. But there are days when i cant sleep (too much on my mind) or im just not tired and i have to get up for work the next morning. Instead of lying there, tossing and turning. Ill get super smacked. Put on a favorite show on Netflix. And watch till i pass out.

10. does it actually help u feel more rested in the morning even if u only sleep for like 6 hours? lets say sleeping for 6 hours sober vs sleeping for 6 hours and smoking weed. would u feel more rested in the morning the night of smoking weed?

11. I can see it as more of a habit. I usually smoke before bed because that's the only time I have to. When my girlfriend isnt with me and parents are asleep. Always falls on night. Now if you have a choice on the matter? Probably just to unwind after a long day I assume.

12. I tend to smoke sometimes before I go to bed. Alot of times for me it's just because I'm trying to be in a certain state before I pass out. I also have a rotator cuff problem in my shoulder, so it just kinda knocks me out to be able to sleep through the night.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have always had a hard time sleeping unless I am dead tired and used to take something from GNC while I was in the military to help put me in that sleep mode, but it is never really as good of a sleep as naturally sleeping. The same thing goes with smoking though for me. I can sleep 8+ hours using weed specifically to put me to sleep and I'll wake up extremely tired and feel that way the whole day. There are nights where I try to sleep for the full 8 hours and I watch the clock move until it's time to wake up. This normally happens when I don't exercise that day or in the evening and I have too much energy. Maybe I end up trying too hard to sleep.

It takes me a while to wind down and enter sleep mode and if I don't fall asleep within two hours of laying in bed trying to sleep, I'll probably be up all night. At that point I'll smoke to put me to sleep. I try to avoid it as much as possible though because I get much better quality sleep falling asleep naturally.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have been using weed for my Insomnia,for me it started as a habit but then became an addiction, when i first smoked by myself to sleep was a year ago and i started with like 0.5 in a pipe a night then it became more and more, atm i dont feel anything after i smoke a 1.5G joint by myself. And it sucks.

15. For me it helps me sleep better. It seems to help with recurring nightmares that wake me up and then I can't get back to sleep. Smoke a small bowl and I normally sleep through the night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. A nice Indica before bed helps put most people to sleep. If you are used to smoking before bed and suddenly stop, you may have trouble falling asleep. I wouldn't call it an addiction as most people can stop without any consequences, it's just a habit they get into.

\ /

17. I guess it all depends on the reason. If you are viewing it through a recreational view then its much like coffee. People rely on coffee and other energy drinks to keep them awake throughout the day. So it would be the same situation with marijuana but for sleep. I know in my case though I use weed to help me sleep because I take ADHD medication during the day. ADHD medication keeps you awake! So I use weed to help me sleep.

18. Because some people have this thing called insomnia?
    Fuck kind of question is this.

19. i naturally have serotonin elevation and dopamine elevation, always have always will, aka my neuro transmitters release unregulated amounts of chemicals thus overly activating my brain cells and causing me to not fall asleep, the serotonin causes anxiety and the dopamine causes massive energy so without weed i physically cannot function or sleep.

20. I've had crazy bad insomnia since I was 14 (I'm 22 now) and I've been treating it with cannabis since I was 16. I've tried everything from benzodiazepines, antipsychotics, tricyclic antidepressants, Ambien, Lunesta, and more herbal supplements than I can count. They all made me sleep, but I didn't feel good being sedated, and woke up feeling shitty the next day. Cannabis makes me WANT to sleep instead of NEED to sleep. It quiets my mind instead of deadening it, making my nights peaceful. The main problem I've had is that pot makes me dream less. That said, it's better than falling asleep sitting up, or straight up falling to the ground like a Southern woman with the vapors, or having WEIRD shit happen on Ambien. I invented a dance move called the "Fetal", a combination of hugging your knees tightly and headbanging to pirate metal. Insomnia is nasty shit that really fucks with you psychologically and physically. I don't see it as an addiction or a habit, just a treatment for a legitimate psychological problem.

• Like Like x 1