Why do so many people have problems with pit bulls?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by TheLeftHand, Mar 8, 2013.

1. I agree that we agree.

2. Haha, but you see why I interpreted the post the way I did.
    I am glad we can agree.

3. This thread makes me lol. It's like a hippy convention at times....

4. That's why I like the solid red or small patch of white on chest reds. Reds don't seem to make the news much, or that I've ever noticed.

5. Grow it, roll it, smoke it. We are all hippies at heart.

6. Lmao your ignorance makes me shake my head....

I'm not sure there is a connection between color and any temperament problems. Something that I will keep an eye on now. But, those colors we mentioned are especially common in pit bull mixes as well. But, both mine are solid red coat with a white chest.

7. See your just ignorant. You ignore facts because you know your wrong.

It's ok, it doesn't get under my skin.

8. The only way the color of an animal may effect its temperament is if it is albino or pure white as many of those animals carry the gene for deafness- which can be very difficult to deal with in training. I have seen deaf dogs learn sign language quite well, in fact, dogs are more visual learners than audible learners. When we worked with the dogs we always used voice commands in conjunction with hand signals.

Sad fact: black and black and white animals spend more time in shelters because they are often the ones who are adopted last. True for both dogs and cats. It's strange that people are unconsciously bias. I don't know if it's because they find the animal less appealing to the eye or what. People definitely choose looks over personality. Everyone wants the antisocial golden mix who isn't good with kids or other animals instead of the dark colored shepherd or pit or lab mix with terrific personalities. (I may tend to use goldens as negative examples more often than not to prove the point that each animal has its own personality- which could be good or bad.... but I've had experience with a lot of aggressive goldens to the surprise of many despite their rep for being the perfect family dog)

9. ^ yes, white apbt's are more prone to deafness. Which if the owner has trouble reading the dog's signals it can be a difficult task. Although, most deaf APBT's are really awesome, loving.
    I agree about the goldens sarabelle. No joke I run into more problem golden retrievers then "pit bulls".
    The media builds up and creates the fear of "pit bulls"
    What ever happened to the "nanny dog"?

10. dola is all while with a few spots, shld I be on the look out for deafness ? she is young still tho,

11. Its not the pitbulls, its the uneducated idiots that buy them and abuse them because they are idiots. Most of the moron thugs and white trash hicks that buy them, buy them for the image and not for the love of the animal.

12. in the late 70s and 80s the doberman was the worst

13. Yup, then in the 90's it was the rottweiler. Now it is the "pit bull"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What's next?

14. Tea Cup Yorkie.

Those fuckers are vicious...

15. They really are though!! One my dogs is a little nervous around other dogs and every time he sees one of those tiny dogs coming at him barking and snarling, he runs in between my legs. (my dog is near 60 lbs.) Those things are seriously scary at times.

16. my pit can be seen here. http://forum.grasscity.com/pets/281204-post-pics-your-pets-131.html he's a razor edge mix. great with my 4 year old autistic son, and he loves other dogs. although their owner's are apprehensive because they don't understand it's a dog like any other and nothing can make up for lack of training. it's all about the owner's.

17. Those little things really are.... I have two 10 lbs dogs, not yorkies but they are far more vicious and better guard dogs then my two APBT's. :eek::eek:
    Seriously, they are but, they couldn't hurt a fly. One did make me bleed once, it was partially my fault, i guess... But, if it was my apbt's they would be buried in my yard right now.

^ razor edge is a american bully line. I didn't see your pup but AM Bully's are great dogs.

18. he is an American bully. black and white. beautiful coat. page 131 i think from that thread.

19. Ignorance, theres no other reason except ignorance