Why do so many dudes have manboobs

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Prism Tino, Aug 1, 2012.

1. mmmm fatty ass bacon

[​IMG]

2. I heard that hormones/proteins contained specifically in soy products can cause men to get fat on their chests...i also agree with the dairy theory

Edit: Bacon is gross. No, dont flame me, dont convince me. I dont even wanna hear it. Gross.

3. what's a little gross is pork rinds... basically just the fried skin of pigs. They are still pretty delicious though at times, especailly with a little lemon and hot sauce.

4. your heart doesnt think so.

5. my heart doesn't like a lot of things I do, neither does my knees, my back, my shoulder...

6. Not just what you eat, it's a whole lifestyle that's taking over North Amerrica. The shitty foods we eat are a huge part of the probalem, but for many people, walking from their door to their car is all the exercise they get in a day. It's all about being lazy, it's easy and cheap to grab fast food. It's easy to sit on the couch with a bag of chips.

I doubt it will be very long before people start treating junk food like drugs and I think it's good. A bag of chips does a lot more damage than a joint. I am guilty of this lazy lifestyle. I'm overweight, but not point and laugh fat. I would definitely find it easier to give up smoking pot than give up junk food.

7. This is the 2nd manboob post I've seen in 24 hours... Buy some Spanks or some shit

8. I think you and I are alone in this world, f the bacon.

9. I drink milk all the time and I don't have moobs.

10. Another possibility is phthalates (thal - lates)- found in PVC and #3 plastics-

Plasma phthalate levels in pubertal gynecomastia. Plasma phthalate levels in pubertal gynecomastia. [Pediatrics. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

(Just read my translation- it's easier reading! ;) )

Several untoward health effects of phthalates, which are a group of industrial chemicals with many commercial uses including personal-care products and plastic materials, have been defined. The most commonly used, di-(2-ethylhexyl)-phthalate (DEHP), is known to have antiandrogenic or estrogenic effects or both. Mono-(2-ethylhexyl)-phthalate (MEHP) is the main metabolite of DEHP. In this study, we aimed to determine the plasma DEHP and MEHP levels in pubertal gynecomastia cases.

Phthalates are bad news and they can be found in shampoo, nail polish, moisturizers, kids’ toys, and even sex toys! :eek: The most common one, DEHP either decreases male hormones, or increases female hormones, or both! :eek: We are looking at the levels of DEHP and its metabolite MEHP in teens with "man-boobs".

PATIENTS AND METHODS:

The study group comprised 40 newly diagnosed pubertal gynecomastia cases who were admitted to Hacettepe University Ihsan Doğramaci Children's Hospital. The control group comprised 21 age-matched children without gynecomastia or other endocrinologic disorder. Plasma DEHP and MEHP levels were measured by using high-performance liquid chromatography. Serum hormone levels were determined in some pubertal gynecomastia cases according to the physician's evaluation.

We gathered 40 teens who had just been admitted to a hospital. We had a control group of teens without any problems to compare them with.We checked out the levels of DEHP and MEHP in their blood plasma and their hormone levels.

RESULTS:

Plasma DEHP and MEHP levels were found to be statistically significantly higher in the pubertal gynecomastia group compared with the control group (P < .001) (DEHP, 4.66 +/- 1.58 and 3.09 +/- 0.90 microg/mL, respectively [odds ratio: 2.77 (95% confidence interval: 1.48-5.21)]; MEHP, 3.19 +/- 1.41 and 1.37 +/- 0.36 microg/mL [odds ratio: 24.76 (95% confidence interval: 3.5-172.6)]). There was a statistically significant correlation between plasma DEHP and MEHP levels (r: 0.58; P < .001). In the pubertal gynecomastia group, no correlation could be determined between plasma DEHP and MEHP levels and any of the hormone levels.
    The teens with gynomastia had high levels of DEHP and MEHP than the control group. There was a correlation between the amount of DEHP and MEHP. Although the teens with "man-boobs" had a higher level of DEHP and MEHP, there was no clear relationship between their DEHP and MEHP levels and hormone levels. (Suggesting that their are other factors such as individual susceptibility to phthalate damage, hormones in their diet, etc involved)

CONCLUSIONS:

DEHP, which has antiandrogenic or estrogenic effects, may be an etiologic factor in pubertal gynecomastia. These results may pioneer larger-scale studies on the etiologic role of DEHP in pubertal gynecomastia.

DEHP, which lessens males hormones or increases female hormones may be a causative factor in teen "man boobs". We think there need to be some larger studies about this problem.

I just popped phthalates into WEB MD's search engine- way easier reading than PubMed! :D there were a whole bunch, so here's a sample.

Chemicals in personal care products -- phthalates -- may increase risk of diabetes in women

Personal Care Products: Phthalates, Parabens, Formaldehyde and Other Ingredients

Group: Soft Plastic Toys Are Health Risk

Take care of yourself!

Granny :wave:

11. cause people are eating to much chicken that are juiced up with hormones. actually idk but maybe though

12. Reminds me of BPA and how Canada is actually trying to stop it while the states doesn't give a shit and says it's all up the the companies if they want to use it or not.

13. I was in this mj addiction class when i was younger. Lady told me weed caused man boobs. Lol who knows

14. American fast food companies has made getting lots of feed cheap, easy and tasty. Add this with human nature that "rewards" eating and thats what you get