Why do seperate males and females

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by k9brandon1, Dec 16, 2006.

1. I am a new grower and i would like to know if anyone can tell me why you are suppose to seperate males and female plants?

2. first off you Can leave them toghther.... but the male will pollinate the female
    (get her pregnant) and she will burst out a wackload of seeds(babies)
    instead of flowering...

otherwise you cut out the males, and get buds off the female...

(i hope you understand now if not than reply and will help ya more :p )

3. o thnx man i gotcha so unless i want seeds than i should get rid of the males

4. Exactly, chop those ugly, bud busting, yeild reducing males as soon as you can I.D. them. I'll even lend you my machette so you can enjoy it, just kidding. But seriously, don't just move them, kill them and compost them before the bannanas have a chance of opening.

5. Growing from femminised seeds saves lots of wasted time and effort

6. And space. And money. And worry.

Basically true, but not "instead of flowering". A pollinated female will flower, just that the buds will have seeds.

7. Seedless marijuana is called sinsimilla. It allows all the females nutrients to keep

going to the bud. Otherwise it would just make seeds. Sinsimilla is much more potent

because the flowers keep hanging on and getting nutrients. Sinsimilla =sticky icky

icky....