Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do senses heighten when high?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GNJ Aristocrat, Jul 19, 2010.

1. #1 GNJ Aristocrat, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
    Is there an actual reason as to why this happens? Not all senses for me, mostly sound. Everything becomes extremely loud and things that are far away seem very close. Or is it just the high screwing with me? I've always wondered this.

2. It enhances your senses.

Simple. :)

3. I wonder if there are cannabinoid receptors relating to all the senses?

4. I know that when I smoke music becomes more clear to me (like I can hear more elements of a song than usual), and my night vision improves by %50. I love it though :)

5. I think The Alien is looking for the DEA forums.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's very true. I can always hear the subtle beats of the music's undertones, interesting.

7. FUCKKK! I was just ending a 3 week T-break today and I thought the same exact thing :hello: ESPECIALLY with thinking if the high was screwing with me.

8. This guy is right I dont get that much of my senses heightened I guess cause I can jus tell if I tried listening to him all I would hear is blah blah blah:smoke:

9. :metal:

10. becuase thc slows down brain signals, and everything is processed slower such as sight,hearing.taste ect. and since everything is processed slower in the brain you get more of a clear,slow and broken down sense of everything

11. It relaxes your Autonomic Nervous System which puts the body is a state of equilibrium(good movie) that will inturn affect every system in your body, In a positive way.

12. first of all, i would like to just say get a life, sounds like a real intresting life you have, coming on internet forums and starting arguments for fun , wow it really sounds like you got a hell of alot going for you. second off why dont you look at the real scientific studies and cannabis culture throughout history, youll find that the reason for it being illegal is 100% economics and has nothing to do with all the "if you smoke marijuana youll get aids and be brain damaged" crap. and by the way if its so bad why has no one died from it?

13. Just ignore the pest. It doesn't deserve an explanation as to why you choose to immerse in certain things in your own personal life. It appears to me, that by stating such opinions it believes it will somehow convert the readers into believing what is, simply, bullshit.

14. It's cuz your high.

15. best answer ive seen:smoke:

16. I dont know why it happens.. but for me when ive just got home from work, all I wanna do is get high and listen to music. I can really get lost into the music when i've had a couple js, but when i'm totally sober its just not the same.

17. i think its because your less distracted while high

18. "When we balance the Autonomic Nervous System, there is an effect on the mind that is both energizing and relaxing SIMULTANEOUSLY. In other words, we can think more clearly and more efficiently"

19. MJ is a psychoactive, mind-altering plant that amplifies your thoughts, whether it be insecurites or sentient consciousness... How your mind is altered depends on perception and the articulation of your thought process, i.e, how much product of environment influences your mind... The human brain is probably the most complex thing in our known universe (subjective, of course) an we really only have a limited frame of understanding of the relationship between MJ and the brain to accurately
    gauge the effects on a psychological level.