Why do people who dont live in the US fixate on telling us how we should live?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stewart169, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Why is it? People from other countries that obviously have their own issues fixate on bitching about the Untied States? We in America don't give a rats ass what someone from Europe or south America or any of a hundred third world countries think about us. Why do you think you come to places like this and whine about what this country does in its internal politics matters. We DONT CARE. It can be a sport of sorts to spar with these types tilting at windmills but generally its a waste of time.
    Most Americans could not care less about the internal politics of your countries.

You types stack up soap boxes and whine and complain when maybe those efforts could be better served looking inward at your own screwed up countries. But make no mistake that as a vast majority we in the US don't care what you think but feel free to cry and moan.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Unfortunately a lot of US foreign policy negatively impacts the rest of the globe so it's perfectly reasonable for them to be critical of the US government. Examples: War on Drugs, funding extremists in Syria leading to massive refugee crisis, too many to list.

• Like Like x 12
  3. This right here. That and people have the right to care, piss, bitch and moan about whatever they damn well want to.

• Like Like x 5
  4. We set the trend for the rest of the world.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Tyrannical empires have and always will be despised.

Keep your snouts out of the rest of the worlds business and we will yours. Simples. :)

• Like Like x 9
  6. Yeah, it's not like the US doesn't stick its nose where it doesn't belong.

We're a globalized world now. Which means other countries can see what's going on internally and form opinions. Just because you don't care about affairs outside the US doesn't mean there aren't US citizens weighing in on foreign affairs just as much as others weigh in on our affairs.

Lastly, if you didn't care you wouldn't have made a thread to hop on your own soapbox, whine, then say you don't care.

• Like Like x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  7. America overthrows governments that it doesn't like, murders democratically elected leaders, etc., and you get worked up over some critical comments said against the US?

Put those on a scale and see which way it tilts

• Like Like x 7
  8. You guys realize the U.S. has influences outside economics and military? One of the biggest influences on "culture" is Hollywood and our music.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Was OP talking about foreign opinions on American music and cinema?

I must have missed that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It influences how people live and has a major effect on society. It's not apolitical. A lot of the bitching stems from social issues.

• Like Like x 1
  11. But what does any of this have to do with OP being upset about people forming opinions of America's internal political climate?

The subject isn't "what constitutes society's political issues?"

• Like Like x 2
  12. It's relevant if that media is considered propaganda or intentionally influential.

I don't know who you're quoting. I don't see that phrase anywhere else here.

The title is about how people should live.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Somehow I feel like you think anything anywhere is your business. I don't know what country your in and really don't care.

14. From reading some of your musings you must miss out on a lot.

15. I'm quoting the OP, saying he's referring to politics and not Hollywood and music.

So what you're arguing is that when other countries take in our media, they're also using that to influence their own opinions?

If so then I agree.

16. From reading some of your musings you must be a very happy individual.

17. Im not upset about what some man or woman on the street in some other part of the world thinks. I just don't understand why you think we in this country care? Many of you non US citizens spend a lot of time crying about this country, which by the way is still the greatest country in the world despite some shortcomings, and you seem to think you can stamp your feet and cry and we will change our whole national agenda to make you feel good.

That's a lot of energy wasted when you could be directing it at improving your own personal situation.

We all have opinions but don't let it consume us the way some people do. My opinions on subjects like the Brexit which I thought will prove to be the correct on but it doesn't affect me so that is the first time I have voiced any opinion on it. Probably the last as well. Im more focused on my local and regional issues that affect me.

Ever hear the phrase that all politics is local? Its truer than you want to admit.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ...I live here.

And maybe you can improve your own personal situation instead of complaining about people who have and will continue to have the freedom to complain.

• Like Like x 3
  19. I try to be. Some folks however are not happy unless they are in constant turmoil. I knew a fellow who's only joy in life was seeing fellow co-workers and people around him suffering from personal issues, grief and turmoil. It was kind of sad and I knew him for over 20 years. Ultimately his wife left him and he lost a good job due to alcohol use. 6 months later he put a revolver in his mouth. Sadly he wont be missed but its too bad he wouldn't seek or accept help. Like I said, some people are only happy when they are unhappy or enjoying the problems of others.
    I kind of feel like that about some of the people who constantly bitch about the US simply because they are mad at the world regardless and the US is the easy target.

• Like Like x 4