Why Do People Think Youll Fail In Life If You Smoke Weed?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by TheKidCannabis, May 6, 2014.

1. Yeah but don't all the good paying jobs usually drug test?

most good jobs include you being the boss.

sure, if u wanna work for someone your whole life you may have to conform to their rules

3. [quote name="T4C" post="19969563" timestamp="1399386093"]

most good jobs include you being the boss.

sure, if u wanna work for someone your whole life you may have to conform to their rules

So do you mean owning your own business, your own company etc?

pretty much .. my family has owned a business for 55 years now (auto salvage) ....

So family business is all I  know. Even if I left our business I couldn't see myself working for a "boss" , in my mind its like you're their puppet. You're just working for their goal..

There are so many ways in this world to make money. You need to find what you're passionate about then make a business out of it.

start working on your credit at a young age so that when you have a great idea you can make a plan and have the resources to execute it.

5. See I've had the same idea for a while, but a lot of close-minded people in my life think if you smoke weed and try and do this at the same time you'll fail. Which kinda I guess goes back to my thread name. I always tell them it's about being responsible with how you smoke and when to smoke, you know like while your going to college you don't smoke when you go to your classes and all that and then when you get home at night you just chill out after a long day of work/school? Idk man I'm still young. Probably the youngest on this forum.

6. When people in school say it to me, or try to call me a bad person, I remind them I'm #1 in my class with little to no effort, and when someone's in trouble I'm the first to help .
    :D

- Maturity is the decision to be mature when needed. Not being grouchy when the time to enjoy life is present.

7. ive had the opposite, dam moochers.

he sells cars lol

9. i think a lot of it has to do with stigma's attached to weed itself and then to drugs as an entire subculture. they grew up learning anti-weed propaganda as if it were factual so... they are warped in the sense that they dont actually know any better and believe they are correct. also i dont agree with working whilst high, you wouldnt work drunk, or at least, i wouldnt, nor would i want anyone to. but its not hard at all to balance smoking and a job... you need the job to smoke, lol.

10. Yep , the whole weed is a gateway drug..

when I went to college I started smoking weed heavily. then I realize , im at school, I can do whatever I want.

That did result in experimenting with everything...

I was lucky I never got seriously hooked to anything, but I saw many friends go down that road..

To blame it on marijuana is like blaming your wrong doings on your childhood... there is no excuse

could marijuana open the doors to other substances, Yes, but is it marijuana's fault? no ...

just my .02

11. #32 guygreenthumbs, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    I agree with T4C. I don't smoke before work or while I'm at work. I smoke once all my responsibilities are taken care of. Cannabis is still a drug and needs to be treated as such. Theres a time to work and time to play. I smoke once its play time :D . As far as people saying you can't be successful if you smoke that's just not true. Many influential people have accomplished great things while smoking pot. Hell just about every single president has admitted to smoking pot. As for myself I own a house with 2 acres of land, 2 cars and 2 motorcycles. Have a wife, a beautiful daughter, and I work full time. Also I'm 22 years old and I feel I've accomplished more than almost anyone I went to high school with. I wasn't handed a damn thing just wanted to get out of the ghetto and provide a better environment for my daughter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. If they say cannabis makes you lazy, just start ticking off the names of "famous potheads"!  Start with our current president and his immediate predecessors, the Gores, Sarah Palin, Sir Richard Branson, Michael Phelps, Michael Bloomberg, Usain Bolt, Ted Turner, Montel Williams, Stephen King, Steve Jobs, Carl Sagan, Stephen Jay Gould, Francis Crick, Carlos Santana, Margaret Trudeau, Dr Andrew Weil, and Richard Feynman- quite the bunch of slackers! :laughing:

Granny

13. Totally not true my niece gets TOTALLY BAKED and she's a just got out of nursing school. She takes care of business first and parties later.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Just remember jobs, Lennon, even Obama, phelps, nearly every rapper or musician mostly all have had a past with weed. It makes us dope

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Totally agree that last statement was it man. Its not marijuanas fault its the people who CHOOSE to go on to other substances faults not the drug itself. 

16. marijuana, the devils lettuce .  ;)

17. Because our culture and society have been lied to for the past 100 years

18. It's all about the education. When people are taught a certain way it sticks until they have the courage try something with an open mind. Worked for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I'm about to graduate with a 4.3 gpa weed has been by my side since I was 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum