Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do people smoke weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JesusMurphy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Why do you smoke weed? I smoke weed recreationally. I can do without, but I enjoy the high. Not all of my money goes on weed, i'm not a weed junkie. But i do smoke quite a bit.

Also, another question, what qualifies you for medical marijuana? Like, what illnesses/diseases or whatever qualifies you for MMJ?

2. A whole bunch of illnesses qualify for MMJ. A quick Google search would turn up a ton of results.

I smoke weed to just chill, for fun, why NOT smoke weed?

3. I would say I use recreationally, but I have bipolar disorder so if I were to go into an mmj state that would be my excuse.

4. i smoke just to smoke i have insomina pretty bad when i dont so idk i just enjoy smoking honestly

5. Because it is who I am and I am not going to change who I am for anyone other than me and me doesn't want I to stop smoking.

6. its Tuesday, i aint got no job, and i aint got shit to do.

7. It's fun!

And it's pretty easy to qualify for MMJ in places like Cali, just go to a doctor who supports the herb and things like trouble sleeping or some chronic pain will land you a card I believe.

8. I have insomnia from time to time, and chronic tension headaches. Weed instantly makes me feel as if I didn't.

9. Honestly, I usually don't enjoy smoking bud alone.. only occasionally. It's really just something really awesome to do with your buddies. My one friend can't smoke bud for a good month or two, and he says he's fine.. he doesn't miss the bud, he misses smoking the bud with us. He still comes along, but he's not part of the process or fun of it, so it's not the same. I can see where he's coming from.

10. I smoke cuz i deal with depression so it helps make my days happier then normal

11. I like to get high

12. The only thing I can't stand about bud is when I come down later.. I hate not being able to function because I'm too tired, and it's still early in the night.. kinda sucks, only when you smoke too early though, I don't mind if I come down at like 2 AM or 3 AM or something.

13. Its so chill, brought lots of insight to me and still does, and has brought me to epifany's.

That and i have un diagnosed bipolar and some other mental problems that it helps. I also am insomniac and it helps me go to bed at 10:30pm instead of 3-4am

14. I smoke for two reasons. Recreationally and medicinally. I smoke every day. Usually just at night but a fee times a week ill toke all day. That kills my tollerance tho. I am an insomniac and I usually can't sleep unless I smoke a bowl before bed. I have been told im bipolar by many people although iv never been diagnosed. Weed seems to help tho. I love how something that's so fun can also be used to treat medical conditions. Why this plant is illegal baffles the fuck out of me.

15. I smoke for all kinds of reasons. It's like the miracle drug. I guess the main reason for me would be the mind expansion. Everything else is just a benefit.

It's also the ultimate cure for boredom.

One time I was working for this guy and I lived in the upstairs which only tv with two
    movies, no cable and my cell phone. Well I'd be sittin there bored out of my mind and I'd just be like screw this and go hit my bowl, next thing ya know I'm all excited as shit runnin upstairs to watch the same movie for the twentieth time without a care in the world.

But I guess the main reasons I smoke is for mind expansion, cure boredom and enjoy a better quality of life.

Oh and I smoke in moderation.

16. There's a few reasons. It's fun to be high, for one. Another is that it's something to do with friends. Why just play video games or watch a movie when you can do those things high. You meet and connect with more people who you normally might not through drugs, and most of them are all pretty damn chill. There will always be places in my life where bud doesn't mix in with, but that's the way it should be.

17. Some good reasons. Lets hear some more. :)

18. I don't live in an area that has mmj, but if I did, I would get a license immediately haha
    Right now I just like smoking because it's incredibly relaxing and makes things less boring. I live in a rural boring as fuck area so it helps a lot. I love the feeling of being high and it also helps with my depression, if I had the choice, I would get off of zoloft and just use mmj.

19. Just makes the night a bit nicer if I have nothing else to do. I get a chance to eat more and enjoy eating and cooking, and catch up on TV or music in a more interesting way. Also helps me sleep, but to be honest, with the amount of time spent preparing and smoking it, I would have got to sleep anyway.