Why do people rag on Justin Bieber so much?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by mr_oleary, Jun 9, 2011.

1. I dont think he's great, but I really don't know why people mention him when they talk about shitty music.

He writes his own songs, which is something very few mainstream popular artists do nowadays. He even layers on some pretty interesting/complex harmonies on some songs.

Most importantly... he's a kid! Making kid's music! What more do people expect from him?

2. Guys that look like lesbians are just easy targets in general.

3. hahaha fair enough

4. [​IMG]

But most people rag on him because he annoying.

I however rag on him for a different reason...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwJVNKgot1o]YouTube - ‪Illuminati Tools: Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Disney, Simpsons‬‏[/ame]

5. *insert puberty joke here*

[​IMG]

6. why are you???

7. He stepped on my shoe one day and refused to apologize. Fuck him.

8. Most people are jealous of him and his sweet dance moves.

9. People don't like pop music so they put it down. There's a few types of music I don't like but I don't waste my time talking about them.

10. I became a trend of sorts. But at the end of the day he's still doing things we'll prolly never do in our lifetime :/

11. He represents everything we are not as a society of counter-culture Marijuana users.

Plus I mean, come on, complex harmonies my ass, Baby is the dumbest song up there.

Remember Dora the Explorer's Map them song?

Went like this, I'm a map, Im a map, Im a map, Im a map, Im a map, Im a map, IM A MAP.

Justin Bieber?

Baby, Baby, Baby, OOOO, Baby, Baby, Baby, OOOO, Baby, Baby, Baby OOO

What's more complex?

ANNDDD, he got luda to sell his last surviving testicle as a rapper.

12. There's nothing wrong with Justin Bieber, he's just a kid and is richer than all of us in this thread....combined. So congrats to him for ballin'...Anyway, Beiber is a reflection on the devolution of (mainstream) music. Almost every one of Beiber's songs on Youtube have over 200 million, I repeat, 200 million views. Again, that is just fantastic for Beiber and I'm not hating on him for his successes...but, okay how do I put this...

Think Idiocracy.

13. As a species, we just suck that's all

14. We sure do. But in this case I blame 13 year old girls, namely my cousin. ;) :smoking:

15. i honestly respect the kid for what he does, and he's talented. ..just not with his voice. it may be a 'unique sound', but i don't think a boy should perform until he sounds halfway decent. i bet he could be someone big someday, but he could also be forgotten in three months. who knows?

16. Well for starters I know for a fact he won't be forgotten in 3 months, not even a year, unfortunately. I don't know how long he will last but his fans are like how the Beatles fans (note the comparison in quality between Beiber and the Beatles - a general devolution in musical interests) were... all crazy for John Lennon and shit...

17. #17 jcofillinois, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    i know man, it was just hypothetical talk. not literal. but i understand what you're getting at.

18. I like Bieber's music and he is growing into a more adult orientated singer. Nobody should hate someone for doing what they love to do. And there's more to the song 'Baby' than just, "Baby, baby, baby, oh, baby, baby, baby, no." His verse, "I'm in pieces, baby fix me, and just shake me til you wake me from this bad dream," is constantly stuck in my head from time to time. That verse alone is genius.

19. i dont mind him, but i dont understand why guys say they hate him and he is a fag when they are only jealous and try to cut their hair like him

20. Yes his song writing skills... quite the lyricist:

:rolleyes: