Why do people need validation?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by RMJL, Feb 26, 2004.

1. "tan and skinny"

i dont like tans on ppl. It shows there vainity, i consider that a weakness of personality. (dont mean to offend my veiws only) I get tanned, only around my wetsuit tho. i dont sit there and do it to look good. plus theres nothing worse(to me) than a girl with "white bits" its like two-tone lol

2. LMAO...

I know exactly what you mean.

3. Looking glass self. <-you ever hear of that?

4. Of course it's harsh, but I think the individual is to blame as much as society and the media. Society is going to exploit weakness because it's profitable, but they as much to blame as the individual for letting them.

It's hard to overcome it when you're saturated in it, but I've met very few people that probably will never ever realize any of this.

...And that's not just true with vanity, but basically any other weakness or worry you have, the American culture will find some way to make a dollar from it. And people will buy it as long as a happy character is flying around telling you how much you need it.

Sorry, getting off topic...

5. Maybe not everyone, but I'm sure with people with potential, it'd make at least some progress. Drugs are only a tool after all.

6. lol cool. lol