Why do people like alcohol so much?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by League, Jan 26, 2014.

I think the buzz you get from being high and being drunk is different. When i'm high I just wanna chill with my friends and laugh about stupid shit and have deep conversations. Whereas when i'm drunk I just want to go clubbing and go mental. 

2. I like both  :confused_2:

Different feeling and different results. Both together is a bomb combination.

Man, I'll tell ya, I can understand what's going on during a football game way more after a few drinks than after a bowl. :laughing: 

Alcohol relaxes me, I don't feel as stressed, I'm not so self-conscious, I feel very chilled out after a couple of drinks but I can still easily pay attention to what's going on around me. 

Weed on the other hand, while I love smoking and still do while alone or with just my significant other, makes me feel totally awkward and anti-social and I would be too stuck in my own brain to remember what happened 5 seconds ago in a football game. :p 

4. #84 Fue_2, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    Exactly this. Iv tried to bring up real world problems whilst were all drunk as fuck and theres always one person listening like your a biblical prophet, 2 looking at you like youve just cracked it, and the others sittin there like fuckk this shit lets get fuckkked blah blah 'insert shit smartass comments about new world order here' Its fucking nonsense.

Dont get me wrong but i love my drink,, its the one where after reaching that typs level, you seem to forget that shit ego you and everyone else has,,, your friendly, outgoing, even forget that social anxiety that keeps you from hitting on girls.

10 or so rounds after and you seem to forget that you just finished your drink 3 seconds ago and your already tippin' the cutie behind the bar.

25 down and now you cant walk but still manage to splur out the words you want another one, or your in the mood for bud.

Usualy by now youv somehow found yourself back at either yours or your mates, with the possesion of a billy, glued to your hand.. the fun begins;)

By now youv had atleast half a stick of your chopped 3, but your mind just went awol. Your talking shit; About something that happend in way back in primary school, and what made you remember it, was a blur *brain zaps* and you just mindfucked yourself and your mates sittin there looking at you like 'what daaafuk did yyu just on about'

Have a couple more cones and somehow wake up a couple hours later with the bong somehow not broken or spilt, the sesh still half there, your head spinning asif you just satdown on those wheeley chairs and spun yourself to sleep.

Bud= hangover cure. You finish the rest of the esh and you virtually feel fine, little headfucked from a long night but there you have it. Why people like alcohol so much.

5. Is this really true?

6. You mean the "proven fact"

No, it's not true.

7. Yeah because I believe the only reason they say wine is good for you is because of the grapes..

8. There are antioxidants that end up in wine and beers. They're extracted from fruits and veggies. Grapes have higher antioxidant levels than beer does.

But jury is still out on how well antioxidants work within the body, and if the benefits outweigh the negatives of alcohol and especially the sugar and empty calories.

Definitely no facts concerning this link.

9. because it's a potent and easily accessible drug

10. While I do like to drink every once in a while, I don't understand the urge to do it all the time, especially when you can get herb just as easily, imo.

I'd rather be stoned than drunk any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. It's a schedule 1 controlled substance, for many people it's really not easy or cheap to attain.

12. Because it's legal

13. Have you got a link for that? It is a generalisation plenty of my irish family drink little or none.

sent from under mi sensi tree

14. As sad as it may sound I like having a drink to get away from my normal life even if it's just for a few hours

15. It makes everything better, then after a while it makes everything just ok and you just need it

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Cuz the majority of people are fucking stupid.

'Too blessed to be stressed'

17. I'd advise you to read a few articles on a famous online ''drunkard'' magazine. (not sure if I can post the link here..? Google it)

Then you'll see why people like alcohol :)

18. because it's a socially acceptable way of altering your mood and pysche, if uncle sam says its ok, people will believe it.

19. There's no way 3-6 beers a day can be healthy

20. Because beer makes life so much better. As long as you're buzzing all day you wont do anything stupid and it just shuts your thoughts off and lets you enjoy life like you should be able to.