Why do people like alcohol so much?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by League, Jan 26, 2014.

1. "Drink Responsibly"  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

American citizens are bred and brainwashed to believe alcohol is the shit. I fail to see how alcohol is "tame". What's tame about being a jackass and spending all night and the next day vomiting?

2. I can drink as much as I want and never throw up or have any type of hangover. You need genes from an alcoholic country maybe?

3. #43 Tree Of Life, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Because it's legal and it's a drinkable substance. Some people think hey, let me go have a few shots, no big deal. The same way if bud was already legal and alcohol was illegal, some people would say let me go smoke a blunt/joint/bowl. What a lot of people don't realize though is alcohol is harmful to your body while Cannabis is benifitial. There's a reason alcohol tastes like poison, it's because it is poison. Don't get me wrong, if you like to drink that's okay, but alcohol definitely isn't good for you. In terms of the way smoking makes you feel, I like it way more than drinking. I like a nice strong sativa hybrid. Makes you feel great.:smoke:

4. I enjoy both drinking to get drunk and drinking to appreciate the quality in a drink. Polish lager and Somerset scrumpy cider combine both properties and are my preferred methods of drinking. Different people enjoy different buzzes, which is why there's a multitude of popular drugs, legal and illegal. I enjoy alcohol and cannabis, and that's my choice.

5. I drink because it quiets my inner thought and makes my personality shine. When I'm not drunk, I'm quiet as fuck. It affects everyone differently though. I'm actually a more alert driver after a few drinks because I can actually concentrate than having other things buzzing around and distracting my head.Omega369 :wave:

6. I like it for the same reasons mentioned. I can walk into walmart, show them my ID and be like, "bitches, gimme a 12 pack o' legal drugs!"
    I like the way it quiets your thoughts too. I was having a fairly lame day yesterday, worrying about boredom and bitches. But then I had a few beers, and watched Twin Peaks with my roommate, and gosh dang did I feel a lot better.

7. Nothing wrong with a few beers with friends, and like other's here, I love craft beer, and good dark rum, for the flavors and the experience, not because it's gonna get me fucked up.

It's something to be enjoyed, like weed. There's plenty of stoner burnouts who smoke a shitton of pot all day, but obviously not all stoner's are like that. Same with drinking really.

8. #48 My Username, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    I already am pretty unrestrained sober, so when I drink I do incredibly stupid, rude and illegal things unless I really focus and remember to keep my awareness..

I do not enjoy it because I always turn into the person I try so hard to cover up with smiles

I like weed because I get easily bored and my thoughts I can suppress on my own so alc is not necessary.. I think alc runs in my blood.. literally

9. I've always preferred a smoke to a drink, each to his own I guess.

Actually, I'm Irish, so no, having "alcoholic genes" is nothing more than a bullshit generalization. 

11. Because it's legal and therefore harmless.

Most people apply this same logic to cigarettes.

12. The same reason people like smoking weed and cigsSent from my H866C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Actually its not. A lot of Irish people have some extra liver enzymes specifically designed to deal with alcohol.

14. "Some people like the way it feelsSome people wanna kill their sorrowsSome people wanna fit in with the popularThat was my problem"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ejyHzz3XE&feature=youtube_gdata_playerI don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

15. Drink up folks! The real world sucks balls and ethanol is the only drug that can turn the real awkward world into a place full of friends!

16. Because people enjoy making desicions that aren't always good because they are "fun". And alcohol gives them a "valid" excuse.

17. It makes me happy and I can get it anywhere for a few singles...fucking perfect.

I used to be the friend at parties saying "fuck buying more booze, let's just get more weed".  A few years later I had to quit weed because the physical withdrawals from booze (every two fuckin hours) were so unpleasant. 

You don't like alcohol? Good. I wish I was more like you.

18. #58 DaComeUpCat, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    [youtube]http://youtu.be/ZrEe3JcsYWQ[/youtube]Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. It is an escape from reality, and a damn good one at that. Just wish it wasn't so bad for you and hangovers suck ass.
    The numbing feeling that it provides is what I love.

20. Cuz people be dumbasses'Too blessed to be stressed'