Why do people like alcohol so much?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by League, Jan 26, 2014.

1. except for the paranoia...
    and ya it's effects are pretty tame for the most part, except for the psychotic episodes when blacked out drunk.
    keeps the 5'0 busy round the world

2. It is popular because the world is vexing and can cause great anxiety. What's the best way to forgot these anxieties? Why drinking a bit of down syndrome in a bottle of course!

3. I drink because I absolutely love craft beer! I rarely actually drink to get fucked up, I drink for the love of beer!
    I treat craft beer like a fine wine, I have special glasses for different brews and I always try to eat a food with it that compliments the flavor. I don't mind the buzz, but once again that is not why I drink it. I rarely even have more then 2-3 beers in a sitting, 3 being the days I am trying to at least feel a buzz.

I find that beer is just a part of history, it saved Europe during the black plague (the brewing process killed bacteria in the water thus allowing people to live), beer was the form of payment for most peoples in early Egypt, and Babylonian kings commissioned expert brewers to experiment with recipes that became the craft brews we see today. Beer is a part of life, and I refuse to let it become demonized because a few ass hole companies (bud, miller, coors, and all the big names) had to ruin it by marketing crappy adjunct lager as a party beverage you are supposed to drink a full case of.... fuck the big beer companies and their marketing schemes!!!

4. Yeah alcohol is tame up until a certain point when you end up puking, falling off a mountain, pissing yourself, and passing out upside down in a thorn bush after falling down a 50 foot slope lol. This is why I refuse to touch vodka ever again (to be fair it was a shitty night with an ex girlfriend flirting with every guy she saw and I had to just sit there and watch it because I was her ride, I made sure to get dunk enough so that she couldn't get home).

5. #25 turbotoke, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    People like it because it can be very enjoyable, especially when you know what you are doing.  In fact I think it is much more fun than smoking.  It helps people be relaxed and social, which is advantageous any time you want to go out or party.  I see a lot of people talk about how they only smoke when they go to parties and they look down on the people getting drunk.  The truth is that those people are the ones really having a good time, and the stoners who are too high to leave the couch and mingle seem boring in that setting.  Weed is great for relaxing or introspecting or if you're with close friends, but if you want to have a spontaneous, adventurous night some drinks are perfect.

Alcohol can have some pretty negative consequences but everyone I know has learned their limits and how to drink mostly responsibly, so having a few drinks with friends is always fun.  So many people associate it with making yourself a total idiot but not everyone has that response, in fact a decent buzz can help you convey thoughts more smoothly.  Of course there is a fine line between a fun drunk and being too wasted, and too many people cross that line pretty often, but those are the ones you don't associate yourself with and you're fine.

It's just a bit contradictory in my opinion to judge someone for their choice of substance on a weed forum.  No drug is inherently bad, it's all how people use them.   

Edit: What Squidrick said - Apart from the actual effect the experience can be pleasurable in itself.  I also love drinking craft beers, and certain cocktails and liquors are nice to drink.

6. Because it puts hair on your ballsSent from my GT-S5360 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. You shoulda left her in the mountains!
    lol

8. 0 fucks given .
    That's why

Sent from my Prism II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I think most of the misconceptions about alcohol, at least on here, seem to be coming from the under 21 crowd who hasn't really had time to grow and actually enjoy alcohol. When I was that age I always saw people at the parties drinking like crazy and getting stupid drunk and I literally just thought they were total morons and blamed the booze. Now, being older, I can totally agree that limits are the only thing that truly makes alcohol enjoyable and without limits people are just going to over-do it and have a horrible time.

I personally avoid liquor just because I know it fucks my world up in not so good ways, but do I hate liquor because I don't handle it well? Of course not! I just know it is not for me and that's about all there is to it. I know that a few beers or even a bottle of wine will do the trick and won't push me over the edge (the wine might...). I guess the point here is that limits are the key to enjoying alcohol, and most kids who hate it just haven't learned about the concept of limiting yourself.

10. I honestly don't know what happened to her lol. It was a fucked up night and I was still only 19 so who knows what happened to her. Maybe a grizzly bear got her, which would be weird because I live in the NC Blue Ridge Mountains, there are no grizzly's here. I still believe a grizzly got her though, or at least that is what I want to believe.

11. Honestly it just lets me be me like not giving a damn about anything in the world just have a good time. Little escape from the daily grind every once in awhile ha weird talking about being hammerd high

12. [​IMG]

13. This thread makes me want some some Moonshine

14. [quote name="squidrick420" post="19411000" timestamp="1390766852"]Yeah alcohol is tame up until a certain point when you end up puking, falling off a mountain, pissing yourself, and passing out upside down in a thorn bush after falling down a 50 foot slope lol. This is why I refuse to touch vodka ever again (to be fair it was a shitty night with an ex girlfriend flirting with every guy she saw and I had to just sit there and watch it because I was her ride, I made sure to get dunk enough so that she couldn't get home).[/quote]Good times! :DSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I dont like alch anymore. It wasnt my friend. It promised a lot but deliver lot of bad shit. I sayid adios 10 years ago and tod it to go fuck itself. Not I think back and I'm like, why did i put that shit in my body? But whatevr. I don't care what others do or don't do. I jusst sayin about me.

16. [quote name="League" post="19409934" timestamp="1390756331"]What's the point in getting fucked up if it isn't fun though.I guess that being 'fucked up' is fun if you've never been 'fucked up,' but after that, doesn't it start to lose its charm?[/quote]I love getting ruined and fucking around with my buddy's. But there's no way I would do it alone. :HappyToking:

17. I only really enjoy doing alcohol when I snort it. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I've gone through a few stages.

"Yeahhhhhh everyone lets wasted all night!!! Rage!!!"

"Dude you wanna hit up happy hour for wings and a few beers?"

"Nah man, don't really drink hard liquor anymore. I guess I can do one shot with ya"

"Only drink on Sundays"

"Fuck it, lets get drunk bro."

There's a trend mixed in all of that.

19. #39 iJetLife, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
    Because todays society almost forces you to like it, and in addition to that it's also addictive.

That's not the only reason.

I rarely get fucked up, haven't been shit faced drunk in probably 15 years.

That said, I drink a lot of craft beer, and good wine, some scotch. I really enjoy the taste. The hunt for hard to find stuff. And just like weed, talking about it online to other enthusiasts.

The ritual is a large part of it too. Special glasses for specific beers or wines. Aging things properly, and enjoying samples of the same beer or wine at specific time intervals to see how it has progressed.

Plus getting into making stuff, such as brewing beer, or wine making is fun too.

It's no less interesting than weed. Unless your idea of drinking is limited to cracking a 40 and falling over an hour later.