Why do people have disclaimers in their sigs?

Discussion in 'General' started by GoldenGrams, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Your parents aren't on this site. The cops aren't on this site (and if they are they don't give a shit about some kid who smokes, nom seeen?). Why?

2. Hahaha, waaay to paranoid.

3. I think it makes some of them feel important or special. :confused:

4. this.

5. half because they think it makes them cool/ half because of paranoia haha

6. [​IMG]

...not that I actually believe anyone's gonna get busted for posting here. The disclaimers are ridiculous, but at least we don't have to deal with that SWIM crap.

7. SWIM remembers the first time I was on a board that used the term SWIM. SWIM wasn't sure what SWIM meant, and after finding out, SWIM proceeded to leave that board and never return. SWIMMING gets real fucking annoying.

8. i put it on one time to feel safe and now i havent gotten around to changing it.

9. Thank god there isn't that swim shit here. NOTHING annoys me more when I'm baked is someone else's unjustified paranoia.

10. SWIM told me that it helps with SWIMMING.

11. I'm SWIM.

12. This^^^^ I put it on because of it, and I haven't taken it off.

13. If you live in America (esp. New England Area ie. NY) it has become a very litigious society. Cops, Lawyers, Law Makers everywhere. If they can't get you they sue!:eek:

14. wut? Sue for what?

15. Something tells me that those disclaimers would be laughed at in a courtroom, if it ever actually got to that stage.

16. Paranoia can make or break some people. Take my Uncle for instance, the dude was crazy and suffered from the most extreme cases of paranoia. He began to think the cops were after him for a while, he spent a lot of time running from something imaginary. Needless to say he shot himself in the head because the paranoia was too much to handle. Just unreal to think how a feeling can affect a persons attitude tremendously.

17. #20 UndyingEcho, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
    Maybe some of us actually come on here and make up absolutely everything we say or claim to do, its fun.

that would be trolling
    Slinger