Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do people get so pissed off at cops..

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bud Head, May 5, 2004.

1. ive had cops folow me before...cops in my area are fat untrained bastards..

2. You see, I just can't agree with that. The police's only job isnt just enforcing the laws. All police agencies have quotas for things like tickets they must write to continue to get funding from the government. In a lot of suburban cities their isnt that glaring need for high police activity due to lower crime and violence. So these cities police need to write more tickets and bust people for other things in order to keep money coming to them. Because of this, many cops DO want to bust you for whatever they can. Many will also go out of their way to put something on you if they see any chance.

How is that so? How many jobs involve taking people away from their homes or family and putting them into a holding cell. What other jobs allow you to take others things and as reimbursement, you write them a ticket and send them to court.

I'm sorry, but I can't see how being a cop is just like any other job. At my job, I cook at a restaurant, I don't go search peoples pockets if I think they have red eyes. "Any other job" don't put you in such a negative position against your fellow people.

I don't want people to get me wrong, there is a need for police officers and of course not all of them are power hungry mongrels. But the way the system is, it allows and often encourages them to abuse their power in a way to boulster themselves and their departments pockets. And it is hard for some people to resist this. Police are still needed to help curb and solve crimes. But to put such an emphasise on cracking down and busting marijuana users is not needed and not right.

3. to quote myself

very frequently, after passing a po po

'im not fucked up about him if hes not fucked up about me'

meaning, if hes not fucked up about me doing what im doing, whatever it is that i am doing(driving down the road and/or smoking..whatever) then im not going to speak ill of him, or give him/her a legitimate reason to be fucked up about me...unless shes hot, the yeah, lets practice makin babies.

4. Hey man I live in Va in the suburbs. The thing is /i used to live in south africa. Around here in va the cops are mother fuckers, they try to bust any one that looks at all suspicious. When i used to live in south africa they have so much shit going they dont waste there time on kids like these mutha fuckers do. I want to go back to south africa. Oh me and my friends got busted buying some shit from some dude and they just took it from us and told us to get the fuck outta here. I love it there.

5. Though they are just doing they're job, I agree it is not like any other job. Cops do have quotas they need to meet, which is rediculous. If someone has done something wrong and needs to be punished so be it. If someone was sitting in the privacy of their home enjoying theirself, hurting no one and you bust in and cuff em for it..but yea the police dont make the laws..the congressman do..and they do a damn poor job at it.

6. Personally, I have absolutely no grudge with the cops themselves. The cops, however, are some of the few exceptions--certain laws, politics, and the government were all things they upheld and/or worked for.

Sure, I disagree with a number of police actions, practically on a daily basis, but as a whole the police force is tolerable. Especially when considering that the majority of them are just hard working people working for misinformed leaders.

Just my 7 cents.
    (Inflation.)

~Lycanthropy

7. I don't have a problem with cops who are 'just doing their job,' but a lot take it past that. They will go out of their way to hassle and/or arrest responsible marijuana users. These are the cops who I do not care for.

One time I got pulled over for a broken tail light. The cop asked me about 10 questions pertaining to marijuana (ever use it, have any in the car, etc). Now that was total bullshit, but me being a good liar, lied my way out of the situation( I had 3 g's under my seat). Now can you tell me him asking me all those questions, totally unprovoked, was just?