Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do people do this..?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kanad3, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Hi!

I was just wondering why so many tokers call their pieces, joints etc for "she"? I've noticed a lot of people do this, and many name their pieces with female names, too :S

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MldsqKGnLA]Tom Jones - She's a lady Lyrics, HD - YouTube[/ame]

3. I usually don't like putting a ”he” anywhere around my mouth

4. Well, why must it be a gender at all?

5. I personally try to avoid personification wherever possible.

6. Possession of females. It is more typical with cars, you know the typical "She is a beauty". Its a part of male culture.

7. Usually give it a name from it's looks..

8. For the same reason boats, cars, etc are typically referred to as "she," I'd guess.

9. My mflb is named carl.

10. I guess girls or gays call their spoons he. Makes sense.

11. because I cherish my bong and want to protect her from harm. "her" beauty cannot be captured with a masculine name

I don't think it has everything to do with possession of females, but I'm just speaking for myself. Men aren't beautiful, women are. If I were to personify without specifying gender, I would have to use "it", making the connection less personal and meaningful.

12. "Yeah look at my macho man bong, I named him Rick"

Couldn't have said it better myself scottio19.

13. It goes back to the naval days of the 1400s. Ship captains would call their ships "she," because they would go on long voyages with a bunch of dudes and the closest thing they had to a hot broad was a boat that they referred to as a female. The yeomen et al would refer to their smoking apparatus as "she" for similar reasons as the captain.

Or, you know, just cuz.

14. "Things of beauty, grace and speed are often referred to in the feminine gender."-- The Little Rascals

15. I hear guys call there shit a she all the time like cars haven't you ever hear someone say she's a beauty its just an expression I guess

16. Lol my bubbler's name is Jenna. Why? I was baked.

17. Because only female marijuana plants can bear buds. :D

18. I had a pipe named stripes.... He died:(

19. Well I like my bongs like I like my women, with my dick inside the

20. Typically, we like to associate beauty with femininity... Femiminin.. That even a fucking word?