why do people brag

Discussion in 'General' started by TheShadow420, Dec 10, 2013.

1. #1 TheShadow420, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    Why do people brag about their tolerance?

IMO, it's a bad thing to have a high tolerance because it means you spend way more money to get the same effects that someone with a low tolerance gets... I personally enjoy getting high from about 1/2, 1/3 of 0.5 g (with AK-47 strain usually) and I believe it's better than getting high from 5 g or around that range, that's just ridicilously pricey and those people should consider taking a break or working on lowering the tolerance, they're just wasting so much money ...

Altho very low tolerance ain't always good, since it's quite hard to make a joint with that little marijuana (I mix with tobacco, sadly, due to the prices), but that high - total waste, IMO.

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Dec 10, 2013
    i have a high tolerance, but i think the only people who would brag about it like it's a good thing are people who crave attention. i wish my tolerance wasn't as high as it is but when you smoke every day, you can't help it. taking a day or 2 off is tough to do, but totally worth it.

3. #3 Weedity, Dec 10, 2013
    I will tell people my tolerance is high, and that sometimes I enjoy having a high tolerance. Most of the time though, I wish I had no tolerance at all. I'd love to get baked like I used to back in the day  :laughing:

4. truth^^^

i think the reason anyone brags about anything is because they are self concious or insecure about that subject

so your friend doesn't want you to think he's a bitch or he's afaid of you judging him.

6. weird, I personally smoke several times each week (even had a "trip" of 2-3 weeks where I smoked almost every day) and my tolerance doesn't really go up that much, it's pretty solidly sitting around 1/2, 1/3 of 0.5 range.

what are methods to decrease tolerance other than breaks, anyway? heard something about using fish oil supplements, and I happen to be taking them daily for half a year already due to their health benefits

7. #7 TheShadow420, Dec 10, 2013
    na it's not my friend, just on this forums generally. no-one over here (in my country) can even afford smoking a decent marijuana blunt or joint so nothing to brag about. :D

8. eh i guess people are so insecure that they have to brag even over the internet lol

9. I didn't brag often about various tolerances but every now and then I would.  For me I think it was about feeling bad deep down about my need to be messed up 24/7. Bragging was a kind of way to lie to myself  and make what I was doing sound positive.

10.  Only reason for bragging is to be better then the other. That being said....
      Having a high tolerance doesn't mean you spend more just need to smoke more. I grow and haven't paid for weed in 3 years and 2-3 bong hits get me high.(not bragging just saying)   I weighed some bong hits before and they are .1 grams each if you stick to it. I did that because someone said bong hits waist weed and I had to prove them wrong. He made sure they were legit full hits with lung expansion and holding in for min. of 3 seconds.   Try it bong hits to me save more then anything.

Take care GC and happy smoking   :bongin:

11. people with high tolerance are scared pussies, take a break and get really high instead of being on your tolerance high horse you fucks.

12. #12 8ight, Dec 10, 2013

I don't like having no tolerance.  :confused_2: I like being able to smoke and just go on about my day as normal. I'm not trying to get "fucked up," so having a higher tolerance is actually good IMO. I just get nice and comfortably mellow, plus it helps me fall asleep at night. 

Granted, I don't have a really high tolerance, but .17g (1/3 of .5) is a tiny amount of weed. I guess if you're paying $20/gram you kinda have to be conservative, but I doubt that the people who smoke much more than that are paying so much. 

13. most people will take advantage of everything they can to find away to make themselves appear cool. id trade my tolerance any day

14. let's say money wasn't a factor. would you smoke every day? how many times in a day? for some people, it's not a factor and being high all the time is just their slice of pie.

15. im currently on like a 5 day tolerance break,  idk if i should keep it going until this weekend... ive been doing LSD a lot lately during my tolerance break but i dont recommend doing other drugs just to take a tolerance break if thats not your thing 

16. I've noticed that a great many people that go about trying to impress everyone around them with how wonderful they are usually not all that wonderful.

In fact, most (all?) of these I'm-better-than-you, fuckfaced, rectum heads really kinda suck. I have to work with a doosh that's stuck on himself to the point of making everyone else nearly barf. He's really nothing but a pain in the ass and too fucking stupid to even realize it! hahaha Humans! What are ya gonna do with em?

People that I respect actually are talented and do know what the fuck - and most of all, don't need to bother trying to inflict their tiresome shit on everyone else.

17. #17 Toastin', Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Who brags about high tolerance it sucks.

My friend came back for break last week. We smoked literally one snap of hash each.

He was loaded. I kept going because I wasnt high yet. 

I was jealous as fuck

Also a lot of people brag about it because they think they are rappers or something. 

Id rather lay low and let actions do the talking then go yelling to everyone "hey I have big balls"

18. Well having an extreme low tolerance were just a couple of drags from a joint can get me high is actually a bit annoyingSent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I never want to have a high tolerance, sounds annoying. I like to brag about my low tolerance lmao

20. Keepin it real, I just want to smoke weed 24/7. I grow my own shit & always have at least 5 oz's on me. I smoke a blunt and a dab to get high as shit and keep smoking at any opportunity I can. I waste no money and make more money because I smoke so much. IMHO. Low tolerance sucks. Im smoking blunts like cigarettes almost for free. I will definately brag about the work it takes to get that quality product. It is back breaking and labor intensive.