Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do people bitch about stems so much?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royal Kush, Mar 30, 2012.

1. I've smoked stems before, and its not that bad, you get high. Though you're not smoking good bud, its not awful, I don't get a crazy headache or vomit like some people say.

2. [quote name='"Royal Kush"']I've smoked stems before, and its not that bad, you get high. Though you're not smoking good bud, its not awful, I don't get a crazy headache or vomit like some people say.[/quote]

Yeah i dont see the big deal either. If its part of the bud and isnt a seed im smoking it.

3. Smoke it if you want, I throw that shit out. I don't eat the rind on a watermelon either.

4. I have a huge zip lock full of stems that I'm saving up to make some qwiso hash. that's about all they are worth to me.

If a friend of mine wanted the stems/wanted to smoke them, I'd just give them all I have and tell them good luck lol

5. i mean if the shits grinded up all at once it aint a big deal but stems are a bit harsher.

i wouldn't really care if there was ground up stems in a j or blunt, also i don't get why people bitch about stems in bags if its one big nug, stems have almost no weight to them so its not like your getting any less bud

6. I'm not saying I save stems and smoke em. I've tried it before and its not terrible. And I've smoked with people who say shit like "make sure you pick all the stems out of the bowl, or you'll get the worst headache." Idk, I've never got a headache smoking marijuana.

7. Do what you want, it doesn't bother me. But I hate when I am smoking a bowl with someone and they pack a bowl and then break the stem up and put it on top because it was part of the nug..

I save my stems though, and when I get enough I'll just make QWISO.

8. I have to disagree, the only time I have ever smoked stems it was harsh and awful. They were ground up pretty well without any other weed, the high wasn't worth the head ache.
    But to each their own I suppose.

I pick the stems out when I roll a joint so I don't poke any holes in my paper *shrug*

9. i love stems man, i save every one i can, and extra leaves or trimmings at the bottom of my keif box. reason being is when i have a good amount i make hash with it.

10. As long as it isnt huge and has bud on it ill smoke the shit out of a stem.

11. I've seen a guy smoke a bowl of stems (those desperate guys without jobs will do anything for a buzz). It smelled like a BBQ.

Eff that. I'll collect kief.

12. ive smoked pure stems and got no headache. IMO it tastes the worst out of all weed "parts" (for lack of a better word), even worse than resin but hey, it gets you high.

13. ill pack small stems in the bottom or middle of my bowl, why not smoke them, its like how the natives used the buffalo. every single part was used for something.
    i even uses stems as pokers for the bowl sometimes :p

14. Not in everyone's experience. Especially my own.
    Its like inhaling bonfire smoke.

15. LOL yea that's what I use my stems for usually, as pokers. Or will put it between for my while like some one chewing on a haystalk/grass.

16. [quote name='"JustinCredible"']ill pack small stems in the bottom or middle of my bowl, why not smoke them, its like how the natives used the buffalo. every single part was used for something.
    i even uses stems as pokers for the bowl sometimes :p[/quote]

Oh my god i thought i was the only one who did this. when i cant find a metal pokey in a time of need, stems are waay superior to a tooth pick or whatever because toothpicks burn, so does any pokey that aint metal/glass haha. So if it burns its just more of the plant i love :D

17. oh yea no i think that shits just a myth, i used to think it did but i've stopped caring and can't say i get any headaches

18. because when you invest your hard earned cash into bud you want to buy the bud to smoke not stems stems are added weight which gives you less bud than for what you pay for. not by a whole lot though.

19. Sure the smoke is harsh but it gets me high. I save em and smoke em if I'm dry or running low.

20. If the bud is smaller than the size of a quarter, im chopping it all up and not giving a damn about a stem.