Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do people believe this stuff?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by kush100, Apr 23, 2013.

1. I went to my doctor for my spondylolisthesis, and she asked me if i did any drugs. I said"i smoke weed but thats not a drug."
    She argued otherwise and that it can cause me to die and said she doesnt want to see me dead on the news, and she wouldn't stop going on about the gateway theory even though it's been disproved and to "tell someone if i ever feel like i can't control myself"
    I couldnt help but laugh in her face lol
    I thought most doctor's recommend cannabis over most soda's even? Every doctor ive met is against it.
    Why do people buy into stuff thats clearly propaganda and has been proven wrong?

2. Wow haha that's pretty funny. Being a doctor, how could she have never read articles about medicinal marijuana?

3. People tend to label doctors as gurus and therefore often forget that they are just as prone to retardation as the rest of us.

4. You also sounded stupid in that conversation, because cannabis is a drug.

5. Time for a new doctor!

6. Saying weed isn't a drug just opens you to ridicule

7. that goes to show you that doctors dont really know their practice, most of them type your symtoms into the computer to guess what you have and have no prob precribing you what they are told to prescribe

8. Any active ingredient you ingest is a drug, kids these days are so naive.

9. No, I just figured someone who was capable of attending medical school for 4 years would read at least one article about medicinal marijuana or any article about the benefits of marijuana. Hell, it's even on news channels sometimes and all over the internet. I'm eighteen and I know a lot about marijuana albeit because I smoke it and want to know as much about it as I can. Regardless, I find it hard to believe she's that ignorant about it.

10. the real question is why do people think weed isnt a drug?

11. This.

Weed is most certainly a drug. I have no idea why so many people think it's not. It just makes all stoners look stupid when people go around spouting such bullshit.

12. Weed isn't a drug. But there are drugs covered all over the bud and I love them.

If weed wasn't a drug why would you smoke it? It wouldn't do anything.

13. I don't consider it any more of a drug than caffeine, tobacco, or alcohol. But as long as the government labels it a drug, then that's what it is.

14. kush, may I help you educate your doctor? :devious:

Now, if you click that first link in my sig, that will take you to an older version of my "Granny Storm Crow's List". The way you get a copy of the 2013 version is to email me (bottom of my sig) or PM me your email address! In the List, you will find 100s of studies like -

Spontaneous regression of septum pellucidum/forniceal pilocytic astrocytomas-possible role of Cannabis inhalation. (PubMed has the abstract, this is the full study) (full – 2011)
    http://cannabisclinicians.org/wp-co...nhalation-and-Brain-Tumor-Regression-2011.pdf

Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells. (PubMed has the abstract, this is the full study) ​
    (full - 2007) Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells

Operant acquisition of marihuana in man. (abst - 1976)
    Operant acquisition of marihuana in man.

The Report of the National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse - Acute Effects of Marihuana (full – 1972) Acute Effects of Marijuana (Delta 9 THC)

Look, hon, just send me your email and you will be able to read the news articles about many of the studies, and then present her with the actual studies!;) I have the old myths all covered! Time to educate your doctor! :D

Granny :wave: