Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do people always break up the weed when packing a bowl?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tittybullshitty420, Mar 18, 2015.

1. I just don't understand. It seems like a waste of time to me! I just put the whole nugget it the bowl and call her good. No grinding required! What is the point? Does it burn better or something?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. I just don't understand. It seems like a waste of time to me! I just put the whole nugget it the bowl and call her good. No grinding required! What is the point? Does it burn better or something?

3. It burns better and more evenly. In the past, I tried stuffing in a whole nug but my hits were always too airy. With that in mind. It's still a matter of preference. I say if you like, stuff that fucker in there. 

By the way, I love you Avi. That shit is hilarious. 

4. #4 Deleted member 281310, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    yeah it gives a bigger and better hit because the flame gets in contact with more area of the weed in less time. the last time i put an entire nug in a bowl i was still smoking out of an apple [​IMG]

ps you can also control the hits better because you don't have to light it all at one time as opposed to lighting a nug and then it doesn't stop burning until it's gone. (from what i remember) i think people call it cornering, in turn you get a fresh hit everytime

5. #5 TheAnswer121, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    airflow is restricted when you simply place a solid bud in, the flame will get pulled to wherever the air is allowed.

i rarely grind a bud but i will break it up a little between my fingers, then place it in the bowl. then burn and turn

i also rarely finish a bowl, just dumped a charred bud in my roach weed stash and pack another fresh bud

6. I like it better ground up. Burns evenly, you get ash not coal so nothing's wasted and you get a good draw from it.

7. It burns better and it prevents you from using up a whole nug at once.

8. Wouldn't the ground up bits of weed clog the stem easier?

9. not if your bowl has a proper sized hole at the bottom. They also sell glass screens for this reason. They look like little jacks, They work real well too, not to mention they are cheap

10. ...Are you serious?

11. You make the best threads. 

[​IMG]

12. I used to just throw the whole bud in too. If you break it up, it's a much better smoking experience :smoking: 

13. why not try it and find out[​IMG]

14. It burns better and more evenly when you break it down. Why do people not put whole nugs in a paper or blunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. #15 farkas333, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    You're almost always going to waste bud if u dont finger break that shit or grind it. You will have burnt bud that you've already smoked on the outside, and nice greeny green on the inside left untouched. Hope this helps bud

16. Because when you don't break the bud up, the flame from the lighter cannot reach the inside of the nug. Maybe 1/4 of your bud just doesn't get touched, and emptied out with the rest of your ash. When you break it up, you expose the inside to the air, and therefor the flame.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. ikr? My posts are fucking dope! And I'll try it tonight! I just got some nice, plyable, green crack! I'll tell u all how it went✌️

18. Good to know! Thanks dude now I can make my weed last much longer!

19. Yup! Happy toking brother

20. Update! This method is tha shit! I feel like an idiot for not trying this before! I can't thank u guys enough! 👽