Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do newbies sometimes not get high the first time?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WalkerTM, Aug 25, 2011.

1. I'm sure this has been done before but I didn't see one recently, and I just smoked with some friends who are new to toking up, which set me thinking.

I think it's because sometimes novices don't inhale properly, because that seemed to be what I saw among a couple of my friends who are new to smoking.

I took these kids out the other night and smoked a couple of them down with a couple joints. Then a bowl later. But they weren't feeling it after taking like 15+ puffs each on a joint. Which shocked me.

I guess it's because joint smoke is kinda harsh (although it wasn't really harsh smoke b/c of the Raw papers), so sometimes after a drag these guys would let the smoke sit in their mouth/upper throat and didn't inhale deeply. You know how you gotta take that breath on top of your hit to force it down, or else cool it with water? Not happening with these folks.

I tried to correct this of course, slightly later than I should have. But still, it was interesting. and I'm pretty stoned. So if you read that you're a fucking god. ;)

2. I feel like the "some don't get high the first time" thing is a myth. I've never seen any real explanation as to why it could happen other than the person not knowing how to smoke right. I got destroyed the first time I smoked

3. They didn't inhale it,

you need to teach them how to do it correctly otherwise you are just as much to blame..

4. They don't know how to hit. I studied this shit for a long time before I tried it. So when the time came I took some fat ass rips off the pipe and got stoned.

5. inhaling is for ameteurs lol.

6. Cuz their bodies are like "Yousuh b*tch, I ain't lettin you get high til you get some ballz." (the body is very bad with grammar)

Ha ha I be hiiiiiigh.

7. My first time I got blazed, except it was off of 4 bong hits. Then, when I started smoking, I could get silly high off of 1 hit. I've given a few newbies hits before and I'm pretty sure they inhaled, but I'm not sure. I don't think they got blazed.

And I know they inhaled, because after that, they were coughing up a storm ;)

8. First time I smoked I got blazed, it depends on who's there with them. You have to be taught how to inhale, you don't get it in your lungs, you aren't going to get high. Simple as that. Don't know why someone wouldn't teach a newbie, its a waist of weed otherwise...

9. thc isnt absorbed in the mouth/ throat lining anywhere near what lungs do. why the fuck would some one with this new experience of burning hot smoke in there mouth focre it deeper down once thev already have it? i meen itd make no sense to a noobie to hurt himself with the smoke hes just tryn not to cough it up n look noobish

, in my opinion its the other smokers faults who dont explain to noobs what exactly is going on that is called marijuana toking, and just expect them to wing it

10. Tell them to swallow the smoke haha,

idk that's what someone said my first time!

11. I didn't get high the first time I smoked, the second time I got a very small high and was kinda dissapointed. Third time it was like an amplified version of the second, I got blazed. I never changed the way I inhaled either.

12. Took me 3 times to get high... Like really high.. Like staring at a wall for 2 hours just thinking.. Dont get like that now haha