why do my plants stop growing after they sprout??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wgafufa, Jun 28, 2011.

1. so ive never grown before and ive tried twice already. my first seed germinated, i planted it and once it broke the soil it stoped growing and shrivled and died. the second time it sprouted and one of the little leaves looked ok but the other was small and yellow. After a week it hadnt grown much and yesterday i noticed a little bit of withe fuzzy stuff around the bottom . today there is alot more and it is completly dead. i have read lots of grow guides but they never . Can anyone give me any advice on what to do after they sprout?

2. dont overwater and what soil r u using

3. Im just using regular potting soil. Is there any type of soil you would reccomend?

4. My guess is you're overwatering. I've killed a few sprouts that way. Also what is your lighting set when they sprout?

5. All I can say is this. I'm no expert, but I'm on my first plant and things are going great. This is what I did. Since you're getting to the sprout stage, I'll skip that. Once it sprouts, get lights on it. Unless you're grow area is hot you probably won't water it for the next week. I used a dome on it until it's first real set of leaves sprouted (not the round ones). Then 7 days after sprouting, I transplanted to his final pot. As far as watering goes the best way to tell is stick your finger in the dirt about 2". If you feel no moisture, water away. If it is still damp, wait a day. Other than that, give it a week or 2 before you start nutes and start at 1/4 strength, next time do half strength, then full strength. I fertilize every other time I water. That's as far as I am right now. Good luck dude!!!

6. I dunno what your doing exactly since your righting about it past tense and we all tend to forget steps and such....but I have never had a issue with growing it yet.

I take a napkin wet it throughly place the seed inside it. Then I put that in a plastic container which I place in my laundry room on top of a heating pad on low. Come back in 24 hours and check it out. Come back another 12-24 hours see it again. At that point I should see some root tap come out. Usually its long enough to put in a solo cup. I fill the solo cup up with Fox Farm Ocean Soil water it throughly and in the center about 1/2 inch deep I place the seed root tap down into the hole via tweezers and then loosely cover it. Then I place a zip lock on top and leave it in darkness untill the first set of leaves come in. Then I migrate them to the lights. Oh also remove the Ziplock to.

Its easy. Right now I just planted a Green House Seeds Kalashnikova in a solo. After I get some growth about a week or so no rule of thumb as every grow is different I water throughly get the plant out of the cup and place it in its final resting pot. I do not bother with transplanting to gradually bigger containers.

Thats all I do and it seems to work with everything...cannibus or planting flowers. Easy

7. Oh sometimes bro you just have bad seed. I had one from my current grow that looked like a genetic throw back and trashed it. The grow before that..had 4 white widow seeds 3 out of 4 germinated. Just how it is.

You have to think that seeds are produced in the hundreds or even thousands by plants. Stands to reason some are retarded or just do not germinate.

8. Yea, you're going to lose plants early on when they're weakest. When I use bagseed I plant 3x more than I plan on flowering. Some will be weaker than others and half of what's left after that will be males.