Why do my plants keep DYING!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tyrell, Nov 4, 2012.

1. fog machines see to create heat from what Ive seen. be careful. how is that dome not holding in humidity???

2. if your talking about a humidifier then yes, those work pretty well. I have one and it does not get any hotter then one 14w cfl bulb.

3. Putting out bowls of water to evaporate can help. Misting with water in a spray bottle would be a good idea too.

4. No I mean a fog machine..

5. then no, they use a wierd chemical that is not water to make the fog

6. Hrmm im gonna check it out.. im sure i can alter it it to use just water...

7. you really cant. fog machine arents using water to make the fog but rather "fog juice" diluted with water.

8. ahh darn.. i guess someone would have figured it out by now if possible :)

9. Absolutely the problem. Misting is creating a ring of moisture around the stem. Absolutely unnecesary at that stage, if at all Even though your not watering often you are. Plants that size in my setup wouldn't have been watered at all yet.

Ditch the dome, that's only going to make the problem worse. Fire up that fan get some air moving. Then leave them the f--- alone.

Good luck, save those last survivors.

10. So stop misting and get rid of the dome ? ... thats opposite of what I've been told by everyone else... I was told get a dome to hold noisture in.. they only have 1 tiny root to get water so mist em once or twice a day

11. Tyrell, are you actually having any problems?? thse guys seem to be suggesting you have some kind of root rot but I havent seen YOU say youre doing anything other than trying to get ideal humidity

12. [quote name='"Ace420"']Tyrell, are you actually having any problems?? thse guys seem to be suggesting you have some kind of root rot but I havent seen YOU say youre doing anything other than trying to get ideal humidity[/quote]

TBH Ace I was just trying to my plants to sprout and live more than a week or so...I got 5 out of 15 so far... that 1/3... not good

13. As long as there is some moisture in the soil the roots will grow to seek it out. Damping off is not root rot, its stem rot. Did you read the link StormCrow left in her post?

Plants that young are particularly susceptible to this. Your description of the falling over and dieing fits the description exactly. If they shriveled up first, or were yellowed I might think it was something else.

Fact is improper humidity will not kill plants just hold them back. I didn't mean to be so blunt in my first response, but the problem is clear to me. Your talking fog machine and that's just crazy overthinking.

BTW I'm the 3rd person at least to mention damping off.

I wish you the best of luck.

14. 75% of his plants have died. Dude needs constructive input.

15. #77 Tyrell, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    i read it ... i have already removed my dome and stopped misting.. what could it hurt to hear you out for a week or so... at this point ill try all suggestions.. you guys please remember that these are ditch weed plants.. they dont matter... i have already separated the male and female.. i only had 2 big plants... im by the booking the female but the male im experimenting with.. i put him in his on closet with some big CFL'S and a fan then i chopped all his big leaves off and feed him a double helping of super bloom in a gallon of water.. then i topped him... i wanna see what he does now.. and i want to thank you guys and future people for the help.. im trying to get my seed to germination ratio alot higher.. my kush seeds are due any day now ( hopefully) i would like to get alot better at this before i plant 10 dollar seeds.... :) keep the tips coming and ill continue to post my results and where i am currently...

also since i am no longer misting the little ones how often should i water ?

here is a pic of the male... :D

Attached Files:

16. well only after a couple hours i already see a second set of leaves.. its possible i didint see them before or that they would have grown either way.. but anyway i have new growth out of such a small plant.. this was the problem i had with the one i did succeed in keeping alive.. her nodes were like 3-4 inches apart until she got alot taller... once again this is all trial and error... im very happy with this and i will keep the dome and misting away for awhile and see what happens..

here is a pic i took... see the tiny leaves...

the second pic is how i took the tiny micro pic... i took the lil magnifying glass out of a laser pointer. put it in a bobby pin and taped it to my phone... it will only work if you put it right up on the object your trying to look at and your zoomed all the way out.... :D

Attached Files:

17. i didn't see anything that sais 75% died. my bad. its why I asked

18. #80 passthebilly, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
    So are all your plants healthy? :hello: Misting is fine yeh just don't drown em in it. Loose the dome soon.

The male looks a little sad, have the leaves stopped curling now?