Why do my plants keep DYING!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tyrell, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Bat guano I have is 10-1-1 and mg is pretty harsh so I would guess those two put together are way too much for a baby plant. You should try seed starter soil it has nothing in it and you can add a tiny bit of bat guano to it and perlite and you'll have no problems. I assume because of the mg soil that you only have access to a Home Depot type place ?

2. As long as a soil mix has properly nutrient cycled, ie: broken down properly, you will not burn the smallest and most fragile of young seedlings or clones. It is organic fertilizers, guanos, kelp, bone or blood meals,seed meals et al, that have not had sufficient time or soil microbial activity to break them down. Once sufficiently broken down in a soil they will not burn any size plant - seedling or otherwise.

J

3. so some bat guano and bone and blood meal mixed with some worm castings and perlite.. would that be a good soil ?

4. [quote name='"Tyrell"']i use a 10 inch intake fan for fresh air and it has a an 8 inch exhaust fan.. this is insiide a 6.5x6.5x6.5 grow tent yes i have tons of room and no plants.. trying to perfect my technique before i expand.. i have a my first grow topic.. its call 600 watt mh/hps combo on page 2 .. check it out[/quote]

I think you should have the 10' inch at the top for exhaust and the smaller fan for intake you always want more outtake then intake I'm I'm correct from my research

5. yes but i use the huge influx of cool air too cool my lights down and as wind to promote stronger stalks

6. Tyrell, check out the link in my signature for an easy organic soil recipe.

7. Yes i just finished making a cheat sheet of your post man.. thanks made it real simple for me.. after i get this technique down with good success rate of living thriving plants, im gonna to plant my autoflower kush seeds.. i think im really starting to enjoy this :)

8. Abandon Miracle Grow. Shit just doesn't work for this stuff. I've heard many people say it, and I'm on my first grow, and I used miracle grow on 1 plant and it died. I thought I was doing a good thing by using it, but I don't think it's any good for it.

9. so what did you use MyDog ?

10. I use miracle grow for acid loving plants. works just fine but unlike some of these yahoos I use distilled water with an acid and alkaline buffer and a TDS meter

11. you probably shouldnt use any solution at the beginning. just water. you might be giving them to much to fast.

12. I tell ya when i had a intake fan instead of just letting the intake draft, my temps where about 10 degrees hotter and i could not for the life of me get them down. It was really hendering me. Sorry of topic.

13. I have to dissagree on not using a glass of water. It has never failed me EVER. You just float them in about an inch of water. If you are buying feminized seeds then they are fresh and you wont have to worry about them sinking unless you make them. Just drop them lightly in the water. Ive never found any reason not to do this. It always works and nothing is ever 100% for me but unless i screw up this always works.

14. yeh Ive got some kush seeds coming im gonna try this with.. seems Ive heard and read about it from a lot of different sources... so just drop them in about an inch of water you say.. floaters are good right ? sinkers are bad ? and let sit for about an hour then place in soil.. seem correct ?

15. yeh but i grow my plants in a mylar tent and there is no intake without the fan...

16. #36 passthebilly, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
    Yeah you can soak in water up to 24-hours to pre-germ. After that just stick it straight in the soil/rockwool (pointy end down); leave the roots alone and let nature do its work! Why damage your roots with this paper towel nonsense..

17. Dont make growing any harder than it has to be for your first grow. Start with a good soil mix FFOF or make your own if your feeling up too it. Germ the seed with the paper towel method and plant into pot. Make sure your pots have drainage. From there on just make sure theres ample light and moving air. Remember elementary school air water light? Thats all you need you can try out other stuff after the first grow.

18. I don't have objections to soaking the seed in water for a few hours and then planting. You can add a little kelp tea to the water if you like. Just don't soak them long enough for them to actually germinate (send out a root)- let that happen in the soil. Germinating the seed (whether in water or a paper towel) before planting in soil is just not the best method. I've started 1000s of seeds and tried many, many different methods, and I consistently get the best results by planting my seeds in the soil and letting nature do her thing. Just my $0.02.

19. I soak them in water till they crack and then put them in paper towel till the root is sticking out a bit then plant it shallow so it pops up within 12hrs..havent lost one yet which is good when theyre 10-20 bucks each

20. what the hell are you getting for 20 bucks each?!?!? :)