Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do my ears pop when i'm high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mitchyys, Jul 3, 2016.

1. whenever I smoke now, my ears pop. Is this normal? I know the weed isn't laced or anything.

2. maybe you're just really high

• Like Like x 1
  3. yeah well i'm super light weight with weed. Around two half full cones, and i'm really high. That must explain it. Thanks!!

4. Popping ears isn't an effect from weed but no matter the reason, it's all in your head.

5. Could be your elevation, I live in the mountains and work in a valley, so my ears pop everytime I go to or come home from work.

6. Every time I get super high, my ears pop. My level of highness takes a step up each time they pop. Each pop, I swear I feel a little higher. Daily smoker, only happens when I get super stoned. A couple tokes won't make it happen. They popped twice while writing this already. Toke on brother

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dude, I get the same thing. I have never found out why, though my THEORY is that you just kinda become more aware of the fact that there's pressure in your ears so you kinda...do the jaw thing or whatever to pop them more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You juat got that LOUD strain. That is just ths thc exploding in your earpussy.

9. Caused by release of adrenaline, which happens when your stressed, anxious, really high, those types of things.

10. Actually its the affect of pulling on your left handed cig. The eustachian tube connects your ear to your throat. It regulated the pressure behind your eardrum. Anything that changes that pressure can make your ears pop. . You may take deep drags, or roll your shit to tight. Who knows

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've been experiencing the ear popping thing ever since I damaged my eardrums (multiple perforations at different times in my life). Doc says I have very mild hearing loss in my left ear. Which is sad considering how much care I've taken with my ears with noise reduction/hearing protection. Just those few times on the lake.....and a few blasted ruptured eardrums from sinus pressure....:(

I feel like there's something more to it than airflow through the throat. I get the popping when I vape but it's only during the hit. When I smoked after a long tbreak I got initial pops and then as I started to gradually skyrocket it was like my ears were filling up with honeyed fuzz (yes, I got too high). and then I would pop through successive "levels" of highness. Up until I had some incredibly strong pops and my hearing cleared up (which I hadn't felt in a while).

Keep in mind that I was stupidly high, but it felt like I had magically cured my hearing and I was hearing everything with extreme clarity. Later after I came down I was paranoid that my hearing had been destroyed in a hyper complex etheric equation and that weed could cause me to lose my hearing forever.

^Really....lol. Hearing is very poorly understood. What causes tinnitus/popping, etc. Seems like the most sensitive "sense" and as such you either give up smoking altogether or just roll with it.

Apologies for the rambling mass of Verbal diarrhea that is my mood atm.