Why do my buds look wierd?! Check out these pics..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Annual Harvest, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Ok up until like ten days ago my buds were looking normal, healthy and starting to form into that nice conic shape that we like to see towards the end of the grow. But now I'm starting to think something is wrong, because I've never seen buds do this. It looks like there are protrusions coming out of the bud, it looks like stacked calyxes, or like its growing arms. I don't see any male flowers so Im pretty confused.

Check these out, hopefully the quality is good enough to show what im talking about, the hps fucks with my ipods camera.

2. pics -

Attached Files:

3. theyll fill out dont worry. those will be fattt

4. Hard to tell from those pictures, but everything looks to be ok.

What are your temps?

5. I am not expert but they look like more buds just shooting off of other buds, doesn't seem to be any thing bad, just weird looking though. Keep us posted if they do anything else weird.

6. I've had plants do this before and that's really all it is, "buds growing buds". I don't know what causes this... The strain, perhaps?

We call these "jungle buds" :D

7. atleast you have buds ive got a fem seed on day 13 of 12/12 and hasnt grown shit but leaves

8. I think they're called foxtails, some strains grow them sometimes

9. all reassuring responses thanks guys. My temps are kept around 70-75 F. And yes these basically look like buds coming off of buds, im growing flo and waiting for the purple to fill in the buds..its already looking nice : )

10. yeh as said their just foxtails,buds growing out of bud,no biggy:)

11. U may want to check for light leakage.

12. Light leakage can cause the buds to grow lanky and airy instead of dense coneshaped buds.

13. I agree those racemes look stellar, I see no problems with them, and am jealous:D!

14. its called foxtails or donkey ears, probably many other names too... pure indicas and kushes like to do this