Why do my autos seem to take forever?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lucky1972, May 30, 2017.

1. My last grow was seed to harvest in 100 days. I decided to try Autos and they simply don't seem to be much quicker and I'm doing 3 strains. I chopped my hubbabubbasmelloscope after 77 days for the start of germination. The trichs were mostly milky with minimal Amber and is currently drying. The pineapple Express is 83 days from seed with about 5% amber at best but I did just start to flush. The o.g. kush is also 83 days from seed but almost no amber trichs. All 3 plants have fat buds on them but seem to be taking much longer then everyone else's auto journals. Thoughts???

2. Well i have auto somango. 60 days from germinating and it is still little and in vegetation. Idk when they start to flower. I toppet it 2 times. Maybe thats the problem

3. I read not to top them so I didn't. I heard you can lst but I didn't do that either. I basically went right to the final pot and followed all the general guidelines for autos. Just odd to me because my first photo grow was 100 days from seed and these are on track to pass that but the general strain info seems to be much less

4. @lucky1972

What's your lighting schedule?

I don't grow autos, but I have read many blades claim that they take a lot longer if grown with anything less than 20 on/4 off...

5. Maybe that's it. I stuck with the traditional 18/6.

6. Well i had them inside for 4 weeks under 18/6. I have them outside now.
    e

7. @loki125

I know that you've quite a bit of experience with autos. What's your take on this topic?

8. I'd be happy to prove any of those people wrong if they speak up :) Often times people look for an excuse if they didnt have a great grow, obviously they wouldn't want to blame it on anything they did wrong.

9. I'm not sure about anyone else's just trying to figure out if going about 100 days with three strains is normal. My first grow of photos netted me 11ozs in a 24"*42 space which was documented in my journal. This grow seems to be going just as smooth but taking about 30 days longer then expected. The buds are monsters just like my photos were