Why do Middle eastern countries tend to only smoke hash?

Discussion in 'General' started by Iceman420, Apr 3, 2011.

1. I was watching this video lately:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc8w0IX4UQc]YouTube - Inside Afghanistan-Fighting Alongside Stoned Afghan Soldiers[/ame]

And I know for a fact that many middle eastern tend to smoke hash, and also Opium(mentioned in the vid). I started to think, why do all these middle eastern countries, where they have plenty of bud growing, why the hell do they only make hash and smoke it? instead of bud itself?

2. most likely cultural reasons...? But why not hash is badass

3. Idk, can you like roll a whole joint with only hash?

4. no, but is bud roughly 97% THC?

5. You... wtf? I mean.. wait. WHAT?!
    The fuck you talking about guys?

Yes, you can roll hash in a joint but here in europe its known to mix tobacco in it. You can also smoke hash pure out of a pipe, bong or ad it to your hookah. And 97% THC? Dude... Have YOU smoke 97% THC because it sure sound like that, lol. Hash is the more concetrated form if you make it yourself, but many places regular kush is better. It can hardly be over 20% ...

And they smoke it because of old tradition, and mainly hash is the most that gets sold over there. Dont why tho, i suppose its because its easier to transport it - both in large and small quantities.

6. But what if somebody made hash from that regular kush? Wouldn't it be more concentrated and higher in THC/cannabinoids than the kush it came from?

7. Haha that dude's mag got shot off, holy shit! I feel like it i was stoned on the battlefield i would be freaking out and piss myself.... :smoke:

8. Of course. With no doubt in my mind...

Hash is just cheaper because you can't really tell what strain you are buying

9. Lucky you... that shit runs $30 a gram around here.

10. Who knows, but they are probably wondering why we waste time smoking bud.

11. they make hash out of the wild growing afghan plants in the region. wild nug sucks so they just make hash out of all the bud

12. It's a shame that they are trying to fight a war stoned.

That puts American and British soldiers at risk.

You need to have a clear head when you fight a war.

13. its probably easier to carry with them and smoke then bud, like the british guy siad every time the get two minutes they smoke up. its hard to break down a bowl and get it around a few times in two minutes. toss that hash straight in and burn plus it keeps burning so you dont gotta relight it.

14. that actually reminds me, you can also take the leaves from the bud and make hash out of it too. So i guess you get the best out of everything

15. They make hash still, because a bit ago in time their nug was not that great. So they made it into hash. And, that tradition just kept.

16. A good friend of mine who was born in Pakistan but emigrated here as a small child was telling me about this years and years ago when we were in high school. He told me there, weed (plant) is seen as a raw material. As in, they use it to make clothing, rope, paper, etc. They only smoke hash so they don't waste the perfectly good raw material. To the point where smoking the plant itself is seen as dirty or nasty.

Plus it grows fucking everywhere.

17. cause those motherfuckers like to get STONED. that bush weed aint doin it no more once you start smoking opium lol

18. That's pretty efficient thinking. Now if only that idea caught on in the states. Smoke some hash, save a tree.