Why do men think women should be housewives

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by maryy, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 maryy, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
    Never mind you guys it's all cool now anyways

2. I'm guessing his parents have that sort of relationship.

Although, it's 2015 and supporting a family off one income can be rather difficult.

I wouldn't want that kind of situation with my wife. Im to be engaged soon, and she knows that it's going to be a partnership and not a one way street. Who am I to limit what she wants to do?

However, if I could provide for my family comfortably then I wouldn't mind if she just wanted to stay home with the kids.

3. Well u shouldn't say MEN maybe man but my wife and have been together for 9 yrs she work she does what she wants who am I to give rules...if so called love is true I would think its more of a understanding knowing the feeling you have for each other and the prices you would pay for them .... I mean whats you limit everyone has one some just never understand it your choice always is always has been ... make a choice go with your feelings hard to be happy with life if you unhappy in you mind? Just my 2cent I mean no disrespect I love my wife we have had a rough life but we know were meant to be and its worth fighting for... I hope you find happiness in your self its there :)

4. Because women having been doing it for a long time and they're good at it. 

5. #5 Lenny., Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    I don't know your boyfriend but I'll take a wild guess at it. I may be off, it's just my opinion.

I think deep down, your boyfriend knows that staying home with the kid(s) and being a homemaker is the harder and more important, yet vastly under-appreciated job out of the two parents, and he thinks, probably correctly, that he can't handle that responsibility. 

My mom stayed home when my brother was born, and my dad stayed home with me when I was born. If I had a family, I think it would be ideal of one of the parents was able to stay home with the child. Me or the mother, it would just depend on the circumstances.

You right, he's not doing you a favor by making you stay at home with the child. But I think staying at home with your kid, whether it's the mom or dad doing it, is doing the kid a gigantic favor. 

I feel like you're saying this as if it's a household chore like taking out the smelly garbage. But it's probably the most important yet most thankless job I can think of. The rewards of parenthood are often not realized until decades down the road, when the kids are old enough to appreciate everything you've done for them.

I get why you are taken aback. It should not be assumed you are to do that just because of some fantasy ideal of what women should be doing. Both parents are going to end up making sacrifices for their kid. When the kid is born, everything will cease to be about you and your boyfriend. It will be all about the child. 

There is no one right answer to your questions. 

6. I think that if a couple is going to have children,  until the children are at least 12 or more years old, one of the parents should be in charge of the house and the other works.  Doesn't matter if the man or woman stays home most of the time, as long as somebody is there.   Unless, of course, they can afford to hire help to do the housework, and take care of the children.    I am just glad I never had any children - it's way too much work, responsibility and expense, and there's no point in it.  

7. I cant take these questions seriously because they all have obvious answers.

8. If they're so obvious then why don't you enlighten me?

9. I agree that one parent stay home and the one who could offer the child a better future financially actually go out to work.
    Men make more money. In old times especially, so it isn't easily forgotten. Today, salaries for men and women are becoming closer.
    Among my friends, there's a difference in kids who are raised by biological parents rather than a string of random people or family members.

10. What makes me the maddest about the whole thing is that he has this idea that I'll raise the children All day taking care of the household responsibilities and he gets to bring home fries from McDonalds everynight and be praised for for doing do and then he can sit back and relax while I serve up dinner and he can be the "liked" parent.

11. And I love him a lot but I don't understand.. And I don't have the heart to tell him that this isn't the future I want

12. If I mat ask how old are you and him?

13.   A lot of couples with children get the grandparents involved in picking the kids up and watching them while the parents are at work.  It's OK when they're babies for a short while, but when they start crawling around, then walking and running, it's usually a big job.  

So long, peaceful, easy retirement, you'll have 10 more years of hell, maybe more, if your children have children and you're living nearby. 

14. ..Mom says I'd make a good house husband.

15. I wish more men would be open to that. Staying at home and being a mother to my children and plants is pretty much my life goal.

Not to say that should be assumed of all women. I want it to at least be a choice. Its hard nowa days we both have to work 40+ just to get by... if he can work and let u stay home consider yourself lucky.

16. As far as why? I think it's just imbedded in my by the way I grew up and by how I perceive things. I'm old school so I feel as if the woman and man are indeed very equal if not the woman more power than man, thus I feel she should be entitled to have the ability to choose to work or not.

in the end I would prefer her to be a stay at home mom if I had kids, and reasoning for this is; so she could become more family oriented because family bonds are lacking these days, and because I feel woman who try to hard to become independant end up becoming DEPENDANT in the end,

whereas the stay at home will always be a little dependant but she knows at any time she can up and leave and be her own woman. I don't expect her to cook clean and all that jazz as I will of course help, but honestly the thought of a woman having dinner ready when I come home from work, and then being all house-wifey is so my fantasy, like an old 40s movie before it goes bad.

17. I think the reason that a lot of men think that it is the woman's place to tend to the children and home because that is the way so many are bought up, I was always bought up with the ideal that as a man it is my responsibility to provide for my family, this is what "makes you a MAN" I however have been the house husband and can honestly say that a full time job as and IT tech is a damn sight easier than looking after a child and a house so hats off to the ladies that do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. no fear... you will both be working. thank the system.

19. My wife better be bringing in some cash. Stay with the kids until they hit 5 and ship em off to public school. Then back to the grind.

20. #20 Nugagerube, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
    Inadvertent post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.