why do leaves curl down?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by wesside, Mar 29, 2010.

1. #1 wesside, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010
    out of my four plants, my youngest (just about 2 months and exactly ten days into flower) has some of its middle fan leaves starting to curl like a claw. the humidity is around 30% and the temp is about 82. the last time i checked ph it was right at 7.0.
    now i have looked (read) around and cant seem to get a straight answer as to why this happens. everything looks very good except for maybe a yellow leaf or two every once in a while. Any ideas?

one reason i read was possible over feeding. the strain i have (papaya) is supposed to be really tolerant to nute burn, but i did transplant into a larger pot with more ffof. maybe thats the reason because of the fresh soil and i did feed her a good dose of nutes the other day maybe it was just too much. should i just flush and see if it helps?

pic 3 and 4 show the best examples

Attached Files:

2. ive been having the same prob. especially when they hit the 1st weeks into flowering. my research pointed to SULFER DEF if the curl is there with no yellow. buy some garden sulfer from LOWES or whatever, sprinkle 4 fingers-worth onto the top layer of soil and water every 3-4 days lightly. should recover within a week.

3. sulfer huh? that is definitely a possibility because they are not curling like "rams horns" and there is no yellowing. thanks for your reply.

4. ...i dunno...i've read that sulphur def usually show yellowing on newer growth, starting from the center and moving outwards towards leaf edges.

5. Curling like that n early flowering(The Claw) is caused from to much nitrogen carried in the plant as it goes into flower ,,best to flush b 4 switching to 12/12 then start ur flowering feed :smoke:

6. too much N was my first thought. thnx

7. pics added

8. Thats a very mild case,,they look fine,,i havhad sum where the tip curl's under almost touching underside of leaf. It just so happens i did it again cant beleve it but i was n such a hurry to flower my c99 and Papa;s candy:eek: o well no harm only looks like crap,,the leaf will not recover but again there is no real harm

Attached Files:

9. thanks again for the reply:smoke: