Why do I try to fix things?..

Discussion in 'General' started by Sham Wham, Oct 19, 2011.

1. So lately I've come across some free speaker wire and decided to try to fix some of my speakers that are broken, because no sound is coming out of them. So basically I ended up figuring out it wasn't the speaker but the receiver, So I take it apart, totally ignore the "DO NOT TAKE APART MAY CAUSE SHOCK" warning and unplug it, take the cover off and just have a look inside to see if I notice anything wrong.. Well I don't see anything so I decide why not plug it in, and turn it on and play music, just to observe.. I lay it on my hardwood floor and plug it in, turn it on. Everything's fine. I grab my audio cable coming from my computer which is turned on; I accidently touch the end of it and it shocked me, oh well I thought and stuck it in the stereo. Immediately it turned my laptop off, almost as if it had fried it. I unplug the stereo, and my laptop won't turn back on.. So I unplug everything to it and take out the battery and put it back in. Thank god it turned back on... So I thought everything was cool and I got lucky. Well nope, now when I try to listen to music it makes some weird as hell sounds from the laptop and even from plugged in speakers (different ones than my stereo) so I guess no more music for me :( Anyway goes to show whenever I try to fix one thing I break something worth more money.

2. bummer bro. I fix the hell out of stuff, but electronics is something I rarely put my hands on. I can mess with the mechanical bits but damn I hate circuit boards an shit. My suggestion is only fix things you feel confident in. Always take mental images of parts and think about why they are there not just where they go.

3. lulz you clumsy

4. Yea bro that happens to me too. When i'm high i think i know how to fix shit. I always end up breaking it more. When i was 16 i actually burned a hole with a torch into the side of my gaming computer because i thought i knew how to fix it if i could only get inside. Didn't know how to fix it lol.

5. lol this reminds me of my first attempt working on my old rx7, fried a $200 electrical part real quick. Engine only after that haha.

6. Exactly. I was okay and confident with the wiring part, but when I opened up the receiver and it was all circuit boards I had no idea what to do.