Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do I suck at rolling joints?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Chronic Penguin, Apr 30, 2012.

1. I just can't seem to get any better at it. Granted, I've only been smoking for about half a year, but it seems I'm just as bad as when I started. It must be a special skill I guess.

I honestly just load a bowl because it is soooo much easier. But, since my piece broke, I've actually skipped smoking just because I can't roll lol. I'm just wondering if anyone else has overcome a similar problem or if I'm doomed??:eek:

2. i was having lots of trouble getting the hang of it for 6 months, even while watching friends and youtube videos, but you learn certain tricks to rolling and i promise you will eventually get it. just practice a little more, and try putting less herb in the papers, it seems to be easier that way. i also find it easier to roll with a filter than without one.

good luck with it:smoke:

if you still cant, try wrapping the paper around a pencil or a straw and stuffing the weed in it

3. Yeah i'm not too great at it either, but every now and then i roll a nice one. But i mostly smoke out of my zong or spoon, due to convenience factor. Meanwhile my friend who has been smoking for a year or so longer than me can roll some of the best J's and blunts i've ever seen. Practice makes perfect, I'm 10x better at it now than i was when i first started. Just keep trying, even if it takes you 30 minutes to roll a decent one. It's like riding a bike, you don't just get on your first time and expect to be Lance Armstrong, you gotta put in the time and practice.

4. yeah i've tried wrapping it around a pen and stuffing it. Thats the only way I can get a smokeable one. Its more of a pride thing lol I just need to be able to roll a joint in order to enter the stoner ranks. :smoking:

5. I've been rolling for around a decade now which isn't very long, granted certain people are around. Personally I find it easier to use more herb with no filter. I found that with more herb, it was easier to form and take away from the size if needed, and without a filter your other hand is free to help shape the roll.

It's all personal though, tricks like rolling in on an angle to cone your j, using wired papers for an easy roll, using your index fingers to make sure you lose no herb.. There are way too many tips out there to list.

6. Dude, I only started getting better at rolling about 2yrs after I started.
    You just have try different methods and tricks then choose one thats comftable.

7. Couldn't roll at all, but practiced and practiced now I'm pro. Dutch tulips, cross joints, whatever I can just roll them up.

8. The technique that works best for me is the card technique, which uses a card to guide the paper in a straight line and to tighten it perfectly. Watch videos on youtube and you'll see it's one of the most easy ways to roll perfect Js. :smoke:.

9. The card technique is the easiest for me. I used to use a rolling machine when I started too. It's great to freak out your friends with cigarette like jays.

10. Youll get the hang of it every body has their own little tricks and ways to roll you just gotta keep practicing..... Plus i started on blunts and to me its easier to roll a blunt than a jay...

11. It's not even hard bro. The secret is to make a thin filter/crutch out of a business card or another material and it's how you start the joint aswell. Roll the paper around the filter tight as possible and roll at a angle for that pretty cone affect.

I love joints and when I got the technique down I was happy as fuck.

-peace and pot

12. The secret for me was to stop watching other people doing it. Because I would try to mimic them exactly, and it wouldn't work. I finally sat down and just told myself I would "let the joint roll in my hands" and not have my "hands roll the joint" if that makes any sense lol. Once I got out of the mindset of rolling this perfectly tight j, and instead just to make it, I got better.

13. i learned how to roll with tobacco i coulnt roll herb for shit then wanted to save money so got some baccy and papers learned how to roll a cigg now Js are second nature to me

14. I rolled my first joint about 2 and a half yrs ago out of necessity. You get better when you are eager to learn, when you get used to it you start rolling ugly joints again because you don't pay attention to what you are doing. Anyway, just use tips from TheInternet and look closely at youtube videos and you'll get it right after a while.And don't forget to have fun:)

15. 1) you must learn to enjoy rolling, even when you suck
    2) it took me a year to learn to roll a good cone, so hang on you're not quiet there yet
    3) Never quit, keep practicing.

16. Trust me man rolling is not an easy task, I know some really experienced stoners who suck at rolling em up. I been smoking for bout 3-4 years and mine arnt even that good.

Go to youtube and find videos of people rolling and learn the techniques, and practice man. Joint papers are cheap, so roll em up whenever you wanna smoke and you will get better.

If you like smoking joints and dont want the hard work, buy a cigarette roller, super easy to use, bout 4 dollars. Perfect doobies everytime.

17. used to be the worst roller ever. kiiinda got it in the end but they still didn't look perfect. i even posted some pics of my joints on gc asking what was i doing wrong lol buut things finally changed when i got a new grinder. grounds weed much finer so now my joints get much tighter as well. haha you'll eventually get it on your own as well i promise :D practice makes perfect man :D :smoke:

18. well thanks for the encouragement everyone lol. I'm gonna try to get a few good ones for tonights NBA playoff games so I may post some pics of the best ones I can muster up haha

19. I'm going to do a step by step for people, there is a guide at the top too. But I roll pretty perfect joints, any shape or style, I'll get a guide going for sure. Wednesday evening.

20. Its all practice. Practice makes perfect. When i was just learning i would just take some weed, roll a joint, then cut it open get every spec of weed out and just roll another one and keep doing that. I just took what i liked in a joint, like i like them really tight with small mouth pieces and i just formed all my joints like that until i could roll them perfect.