Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do I still cough?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cjk086, Jul 17, 2012.

1. It's the effects of foreign objects(smoke in this case) getting into your lungs. The human body isn't meant to inhale heated plant matter. And has other have said coughing is good to a degree. It helps clears all the crap in your lungs and bronchial tubes and what not. I have terrible allergies and always have shit in there so I cough almost every time I smoke.

2. Weed itself has the properties that cause you to cough. On top of inhaling foreign matter.

3. From all the stealth smoking I've done in my past, I've gotten pretty good at not coughing :cool: But if I take a huge rip, like milking my friends inline hard it'll make me cough. All apart of the process.

4. [quote name='"turdhole"']i dont mind a good cough. i dont care for choking due to harsh ass buds or gassy oils though, that aint cool.[/quote]

Only harsh weed I like to smoke is purple trainwreck. Only exception

5. Nooooo! I got a vape(dbv) just to avoid coughing..How big are your hits? Do you cough when you are not smoking?..I got a chronic cough and it needs to go away.So im not smoking for a long time till it does-then start with vaping 1-2 times week.

6. [quote name='"HerbsNSteroids"']

Nooooo! I got a vape(dbv) just to avoid coughing..How big are your hits? Do you cough when you are not smoking?..I got a chronic cough and it needs to go away.So im not smoking for a long time till it does-then start with vaping 1-2 times week.[/quote]

Man your in for a surprise if you think a vape won't make you cough. Youll cough a lung out the first time you get a huge hit, it's hard not to because of the warm air.

7. Gotta cough to get off ;)

8. Contrary to popular belief (mostly among non smokers) coughing isn't a sign of noobiness. Smoking marijuana makes you cough, simple as that. I have adjusted my technique and can avoid or minimize coughing a lot of the time but there will always be some coughs. From my personal experience, whenever I have a coughing fit I am flying through space 10 minutes later.

9. man I've been smoking three years and I still cough, I imagine it's because THC acts as an expectorant, which will irritate your lungs a bit... it actually helps to clear your lungs of foreign materials, so coughing can almost be considered a good thing, and also remember this

if you don't cough, you won't get off ;)

ps... I have even coughed off of fat vape hits, so get used to it if you're gonna smoke :p

10. I'd say that's the tobacco in the wrap

11. I've been smoking for almost 2 years and i don't really cough. I nearly everyday and take really big hits every hit but i will cough but not every time i smoke i'd say like every week i had coughed.

12. I cough when I take big hits, but it's not like a coughing fit or anything. Just a couple coughs and it's over.

OP, it's just something that happens when you smoke.

13. Cannabis is a natural expectorant. It naturally loosens mucus, in turn, causing you to cough and expel the phlegm.