Why do I stay High for so long?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheGreen13, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Every time I use I feel high for around 5 hours and sometimes feel the effects for longer then that even. Is my Cannabinoids system slow? My bodies metabolism or what? I hear people saying there high only lasts an hour or 2 at the most.
    I vape Flower. Like today I vaped The Wife which is a CBD strain at around 11:30am. Then at 2:40pm I vaped some Cherry Diesel which is pure THC. And I still feel major brain fog. Like I'm sort of still high. I mean the main high lasts about 2hrs but then I still feel its affects like fuzzy and dizzy and slow for hours. And like I'm still high. Is this normal?
    When I vape I put enough in to get about 8 rips or so. And they say when you vape you get about 70% of the cannabinoids vs smoking you only get about 20%. So am I using too much? Or what? Or is it just the unique way my body slowly metabolizes it?

2. How long have you been smoking? Have your usage habits changed? Metabolism is a factor.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I started back in February of this year as a medical patient. Used a couple times a week because they started us off with potent 60% THC oil. But since they allowed Flower a month ago I use every single day for the past month.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you don't like how long you stay high I would cut back. Your tolerance will go up though over time if you keep your usage steady. Enjoy it while it lasts :)

5. I guess I'm wondering if that normal or not? Like its 9:51pm and I'm still feeling it from like 2:40pm? I would think after even a month of every day use I'd be use to it by now? Lol. And really I've been using since February so for 7 months. Like I feel it in my eyes, my head feels like a balloon and I feel sort of lethargic is that normal?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think the problem is it's not the good part of the high that lingers. It's the come down crappy part. And the balloon feeling in my head and dizziness.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you mean 5 hours it'd probably normal. I trust this source:

Screenshot_2018-08-28-18-56-08.png

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Best advice I can give, put half a gram in a bowl and smoke it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I pack way less then that in my Boundless CF vaporizer. But Vaporizers are more efficient and I get about 8 rips per Sesh. And they say when you vape you get 70% of the THC. So you can use less. So i think that wouldn't line up the same with your smoked amount.?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've never vaped, very very intrigued to try it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I like it. I'm pretty sensitive to smoke. I dont even like being around cigarettes it screws with my lungs. The vaping is pretty light on the lungs. Plus I can really taste the flavors of the different Strains pretty well. I still think it has some negative affects though. I'm getting flem build up lately that I cough up. Nothing crazy though. Its definitely better then smoking.

12. And you definitely use a lot less product. You'll save a ton of MJ. Plus you can use the used AVB for edibles. You get to use it twice. Where smoking it you just incinerate it and gone.

13. Dam. Going by that I'd say its normal. Lol. It says affects up to 24hrs. And it looks like a 5hr high is normal as well. And I still think it's quite possible that vaping is stronger then smoking as far as you pull more THC out of less product. So the 8 hits I'm taking are probably pretty potent. I could be wrong.

14. Those guys who's highs last an hour have a huge tolerance. I doubt vaping increases the THC we absorb by that much, it depends on how a person smokes. I can't see how taking a bong in one hit would waste more than a vape unless you count getting higher a waste. Part of the reason your stash lasts longer when vaping is that you don't get as high as when using a bong. If a bong user would cut down the size of his bowls his stash would last longer too.

But I like vapes, especially for the flavor and they are definitely easier on the lungs. They just don't get me where I want to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. i noticed that too a few yrs ago when i 1st vaped, saves the bud plus you can get "twice baked" for the same cost... hard to go back to blazing after vaping awhile... be glad you are a cheap high but it is annoying the brain fog.

16. It could absolutely be the strains and variety of terpenes in what you’re smoking. There are def a lot of sativas that help with pain relief, but it’s predominantly indicas and 40/60 (indica dom) hybrids that will bring that variety of relief the best, and along with that comes the lethargy and general mental fog. Sativas are great for combatting those phenomena, but if you get one too powerful it can easily go in the other direction of scattered/sporadic non-linear thinking, which can have its own host of unpleasantries.

I’d take a few less hits on whatever you’re toking on because you can almost always consume more, even if it’s an hour or two down the road.

Truth be told I don’t feel like my highs stabilized and I was able to navigate through them with ease until about a year into smoking. My tolerance had plateaued and I had been high enough times and in enough situations to where I could/can manage any perceived negative effects. It may happen differently for different folks, though.

And I can still be taken by surprise every once and a while even as someone who’s been consuming for a solid handful of years now.

All of that is under the presumption that you are a med patient for the physical relied. Please excuse and correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. My highs use to last along time too now I’m 3 hrs tops when vaping edibles will have me floating for 6 hrs easy

• Like Like x 1
  18. The particular Strain Yesterday and the couple days before was Cherry Diesel. It's a 50/50 hybrid 13% THC 0.1% CBD. Some say its slightly Sativa dominate and some reviews say its slightly Indica dom. It's a strain that on the up for the first 30 min you can feel the Sativa and some anxiety then about 45 min in it becomes very even and mellow and relaxing and stays like that for about 2hrs. After that I start coming down into a groggy foggy high and start feeling hungry and irritable. I obviously eat. But then later even I just feel foggy, lethargic and hungover even dehydrated. Even drinking lots of water. End up waking up during the night and sleeping like crap. Right now i woke up and my eyes are red and i feel crappy like i was drinking yesterday. Lol. I'm guessing that's the effects of the Indica in it. Because that's usually how I feel when I Vape a heavy pure Indica on the come down.. Medically I use mostly for sever chronic pain. But also for PTSD and anxiety.

19. Hell I would fine if it was the good part of the high that lasted a long time. Heck I dont ever want that to go away. It's the come down part of the high and crappy feeling that seems to drag out depending on the day and type of strain I hit. It's not all the time or every Strain. But it is most of the time which sucks. Lemon G seems to be the best so far of having less of the crappy part.

20. If you think about what you just said about the people not getting as high packing a big bowl in a bong and wasting stash that goes to what I was saying. When you light Cannabis on fire you burn most of the product so your only getting about 20% THC and using more plant matter to get it. When you vape your not destroying the plant matter and you really can milk every last cannabinoid out of it until it's a light brown color. And they estimate you can pull about 70% THC and other cannabinoids out by vaping. So you can use less product to get the desired affect.