Why do I see so many people with disclaimers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sprankton, Dec 9, 2010.

1. I usually see at least one to two per topic, someone saying that "everything they're posting is fiction" or something to that extent. You guys really don't have to be that paranoid. The cops aren't going to get your ip from Grasscity, much less trace it to you and show up at your house based on marijuana related posts on a message board. Smoke a bowl and chill out :smoke:

2. i use a proxy server for all of my posts.

i beleive 100% that they can trace you to your house and such.

like my, im growing some plants im still legal and yet i Still Use a proxy haha

3. If it makes people feel better about posting on this forum and worry less, then let them have them.

A disclaimer isnt going to screw you or save you either way however.

4. Because if you don't you aren't cool.

I guess I'm not cool :)

5. i think what they're using is called sarcasm

6. most of the time it's just a joke, just one that a lot of people have picked up on

7. Paranoia runs wild amongst stoners apparently.

Those disclaimers are meaningless - also it's not like there's ANYTHING that you can say on a message board - though to be honest if you're posting pics of a large grow with a map saying "Come get me" you know...

Sarcasm? Seriously? I doubt it highly that more than 10% of those with a silly disclaimer are posting it sarcastically.

8. Yeah use your fancy proxy.

You don't have a disclaimer, which means you're doomed.

:smoke:

9. exactly what i was thinking. there just paranoid as fuckkkk :smoking:

10. If they even did trace IP etc. we would have heard about someone being busted by now.

11. paranoid stoners lol

12. Yeah use your proxy....your internet service provider is still PROVIDING YOUR INTERNET and they can know what you are doing. They can also share that information if asked to by law enforcement.

Proxys hide - rather, reroute - your IP address and hide your true IP from the servers you access (teh websites!!)

Not to mention proxys aren't full-proof. You think that someone willing to look on the internet for offenders cant get through your proxy and see where you're really at?

13. cause everyone is high and paranoid living in a country with big bad scary police who like to fuck peoples lives up

14. besides if the cops go to the trouble of finding me on here,tracking my I.P, finding incriminating evidence that they could charge me with because i smoke a bit 'o weed then i really think the government needs to check their priorities.

15. #15 rex8000, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
  16. WAIT! Click it!

:eek:

:hello:

:smoke:

17. ope shit, wrong thread for me...:D

18. Haha I did click it. That article made me sick.