Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do i panic when im high!!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TokinMosquito, Dec 28, 2008.

1. why when i smoke weed i get really panicked. I only got a couple of times but i can never in joy it. I really need some help!!! HELP ASAP

2. Your too self concius that people are going to thinik your blazed. Just chill out and let life come at you as it will

3. i know girls who when they first started smokin got real real paranoid when they smoked i guess its juss some shit u gotta grow out of cause now their a couple of dank heads im bout to roll some green for them now come to think of it

4. Dude.. just chill out. Dont think about freaking out, try sitting very still and focussing on how good it feels. Divert your attention with music, movies, or just talking. It should pass

5. watch a movie, put on your headphones and lose yourself in some tunes, or just go on Grasscity and youll forget about it...

if youre worried about gettin caught pick up some rohtos or visine and some incense sticks bruh...

6. it happens to alot of people.. even experienced smokers.
    but more often than not it's the new tokers who get this experience.
    it's all in you're mind. I know what it feels like to have a panic attack and it's not fun.
    you're mind tricks you into thinking something is wrong with you, and then it even tricks you're body into it, so the pains become physical.. sweating, rapid heartbeat, cold hands, etc.. are all panic attack symptoms.

Just try you're best to keep it in the back of you're head that the symptoms you feel are caused by you're head and not by something being wrong with you.
    Try to be in a relaxed eviroment when you smoke, and make sure when you're high you're brain has something to focus on..
    Tv, movies, crossword, etc..:smoke:

7. Find people you like being with
    Stop thinking.
    Take a deep breath.
    Your probably on a train of bad thoughts.
    I do that when I dont take my anxiety meds really bad when I'm high.

8. all the posts above are good info but if you do start to freak out its important to remember its just the weed and nothing is wrong with you. just keep telling yourself it'll pass and that should help you calm down. also try eating something then get comfortable and distract yourself with a funny movie or something. you'll be enjoying it in no time.

9. ok...you're smokin to much at once. I have been smokin 9 yrs (started at 16 and I'm 25 now) and I STILL get paranoid when I'm high..IF I smoke too much. Try takin a joint or pipe and just hit it once. JUST once and wait a while. When I do this it makes me feel mellow, happy and NOT paranoid. If one hit does nothing for you then adjust for your needs. Also, smoke only with people you have known for a long time and completely trust if you're gonna smoke with people. I usully do it alone to avoid any problems..

Edit: A Good movie to watch when your high is "Knocked up" Or just about anything by that guy. he is funny as high when you're high cause he is usually high too..lemme know in a PM if my advice works for you man.

10. When i used to do that shit i would just close my eyes and try to zone out to music or try smiling that feels really good when im high

11. sometimes that happens to me but its all in your head. i usually start chewing gum or eat candy, sit down in my comfty seat, turn on my laptop and go to youtube to watch music videos, if not i just watch TV or listen to music. its all in your head trust me but try to smoke in a place where you know youre safe and got nothing to worry about that should help too

12. i have panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder and ive been token for 5 years and i still get panic attacks a lot. they come and go. i just tell myself its a panic attack and try to salvage the high. but i usually only get a paranoid or panicky for a half hour tops after smoking then i chill out.

13. everytime i smoke, right when i notice i space out, i panic, then i remind myself, oh yeah i just smoked, adn then im alright.

14. I've only ever been paranoid when it was appropriate. weed actually removes my paranoia. You'll probably grow out of it. If not, try drinking/other drugs while you're smoking.

15. What are you panicking about?

16. Homeboy was trippin out the other night becase I though the police were going to come take his family and stuff for downloading illegal music. And we tried countless times to calm him down and he finally went to bed.

first thing in the morning, guess what comes otta his mouth lol

17. u need to lay off it. especially if it makes u heart beat real hard and fast and make panicked. cause it's messing up your central nervous system where your brain and heart send messages back and forth to each other. It's all fucked up. that's why I quit tokin'. It'll never get any better. Every time you get high, it's pretty much gonna be the same ballgame. Try lortab or some type of hydrocodone/codiene pill first, then smoke weed- that'll help you stop panicking when you get high.

18. What caused my panic attacks was when the last time I did an 8ball with my friend which almost gave me a heart attack. so it can relate to something you did in the past. If not, I always get panic attacks too, especially if its EXTREMELY dank :smoke: SO, the best thing to do smoke little by little and just realize your high, do something active, count backwards from 100, walk around a little bit (that's what i do when im really high) it usually last me about 30mins-1hour before i calm down and then im cruising.

If you get really cold (especially hands) use hot water (don't be dumb and burn yourself) because the hotness you feel controls your body temperature.

It pretty much comes down to this; your going to live with it as long as you toke, get over it. Mine was done due to another drug (which i will never touch again) You always get panicked when you become really high. Think of it as a roller coaster, before you smoke its normal, when you smoke you going up the hill, when you are at the peak you are extremely high, and then once you come down it usually feels the best and most relaxed.

19. The same thing used to happen to me, I used to shake when rolling a j or filling my bowl.

20. God DAMN bro thank you!! All the shit you said is what I've been experiencing and its weirding me out! I almost stopped smoking because of it :( But yea i crack my jaw, which is a bad habit, but when i do it when I'm high, i literally feel like I've broken my jaw! Just recently i hit a gravity bong for the first time, and sure enough i thought my jaw was in the back of my throat! Lol but I've realized that it is all in your head and if you calm yourself down and take a few more rips you'll be fine :) thanks a lot though man your post helps!