Why do i have so much anxiety?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by NeverMistakeMe, Jul 15, 2012.

1. #1 NeverMistakeMe, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2012
    Does anybody have any tips on dealing with anxiety? And don't tell me to smoke cuz that'll make it worse:(

2. I went through this a long time ago.

I just learned to be loving and accepting of the environment and the people around me. I always thought I needed to be "in control" of everything.

Also, a healthy diet can do wonders.

3. [quote name='"Kush Lord"']I went through this a long time ago.

I just learned to be loving and accepting of the environment and the people around me. I always thought I needed to be "in control" of everything.

Also, a healthy diet can do wonders.[/quote]

I'm thinking of getting daily nutrients and vitamins, might help a bit....

4. if youre not against takin pills or medicine go to the doc and get prescribed some Xanax or some other benzo.. it will help ... a lot

5. [quote name='"TinManThaBoyBoy"']if youre not against takin pills or medicine go to the doc and get prescribed some Xanax or some other benzo.. it will help ... a lot[/quote]

I take 7 pills in the morning already:( I'm supposed to take another in the afternoon and 4-5 more at night but I only do morning pills.

6. I'm sure you can get through anxiety without resorting to xanax or meds.

Anxiety is simply your body and minds way of telling you that you need to fix something, I guess you'll just have to figure out what it is.

7. hm.. im not sure about that.

but damn man youre already takin that much? try meditation or somethin

8. Idk, I wish I could figure it out. It's just a tight chest feeling but it's unbearably uncomfortable

9. Truf.

10. is it really? it cant be a chemical imbalance?

11. [quote name='"TinManThaBoyBoy"']
    is it really? it cant be a chemical imbalance?[/quote]

I always thought it was chemical imbalances, maybe something on my sub-conscious

12. #12 Kush Lord, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    Your thinking habits and diet have an impact on the chemicals, too.

I used to have anxiety, it went away without any medication. It just took a lot of self-reflecting, stopping bad habits, better diet, etc.

I felt like meds are just a "band-aid" fix.

13. [quote name='"Kush Lord"']

Your thinking habits and diet have an impact on the chemicals, too.[/quote]

What do yu recommend for a diet? I don't eat much but when I do it's not that great. Also, I think a lot. I think of things I can't even comprehend it's weird. My mind feels so open.

14. I had a friend who use to have pretty bad anxiety while smoking, but after enough times smoking it started to go away and he never really has them anymore. Maybe it's something you might even grow out of.

15. True.. and i think that may help.. but not completely

16. I'm interested in obtaining a list of things I should consume daily such as vitamins, drinks, food, supplements?

17. #17 PositiveAttitudeMachine, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    Medical mumbo jumbo. Thats what they say about anxiety/depression, but usually there is some sort of underlying cause that needs to be addressed to properly deal with these types of issues instead of loading your body full of pills to "correct" it. I dont dispute the fact that some people genuinely do need the meds, but Often that leads to a person being worse off, probably because the pills are trying to fix something that isnt broken, and serves as a crutch of sorts.

18. It doesnt take much really, just avoid eating junk food(fast food, soda, etc.)...you dont have to stop completely, its okay every once in while.

Yeah, I tend to think a lot too....but it also depends on the quality of your thoughts. Sometimes your mind can fool you into fearing silly things, you just have to realize these bad habits and thoughts to reduce the impact it has on your emotions.

19. I had anxiety too, smoking weed totally didn't help me, and even on those rare occasions I got the right strain that helped, it just wouldn't be practical to keep on buying weed hoping that it's the right strain to help my anxiety.

Daily exercise and eating a healthy diet totally transformed me. It's crazy how those 2 simple things are so powerful. Study after study shows exercise and a healthy diet helps anxiety and depression just as much if not better then prescription drugs.

Exercise: How Does This Promote A Healthy Mind And Body? - Dr. ... - Fitness Video by Dr. Henry Emmons

Exercise helps fight anxiety, depression - USATODAY.com

Depression and mental disorders can be prevented and treated with simple healing foods

20. Yup, exercise definitely helps too, forgot to mention that