why do i have no real friends (not some 13 year old story)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by foolcoolguy, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Ok, so this has been over a long period of time, not just recently.

I think I may just have a disposition to dislike people, but I feel like I have no friends, and as a high school senior it really sucks. I have a group of friends who I trust, but all they do is smoke weed and play videogames, literally they do nothing but that, or have any desire to do anything else, and I hate hanging out with them. None are really doing anything with their lives and there just the definition of potheads, and not in a good way.

I have other friends, but the only reason they associate with me is when they need a ride or something. My old best friend just stopped talking to me because he decided he was too cool for me.

I lost my girlfriend by being anxious about her because it seems like everyone I know is a douchebag. My other friends became pill addicts.

I am almost done with highschool, I have great grades, but my social life has been in a constant decline. I have tried to just stay in and do homework and stuff, but nobody calls me to hangout, I always have to call other people.

it seems like the best thing to do is just wait out the rest of highschool, it just sucks because I don't really know anyone I even would want to be friends with, I mean you all know high school cliques and how lame the kids are

2. because you haven't found the right ones

3. High school cliques are lame indeed, but don't worry, you are gonna meet new open-minded people in college, I'm sure of that.

4. Talk to random kids at your school and then you'll eventually make friends Do you not associate with other people?

5. Real friends are hard to come by. I'd rather have 5 real friends than 50 "friends"

and by "friends" I mean people that you would think twice about going to their funeral if they passed away. Or people that you just say whats up to when you see them but never hang out with them.

6. I do associate with other people but it seems like people are only concerned with popularity and how they can use you rather than actually being friends. Other times people think they already know me by who I do associate with, or just assume I'm a scumbag because I smoke cigarettes (I do everything possible to avoid smelling like shit)

7. Have you tried quitting? :rolleyes:

8. Yeah, its kind of fucking hard

9. I'm in the same boat man, but I know college will be different. Everybody tells me how great college is, especially people who went to the one I'm going to go to. Just deal with it for now, keep trying, but know things will get better in the future.

10. Youre too cool for highschool kids! :cool:
    Once you move on from highschool youll find some real friends.

11. I dont have much of a social life. You cannot trust people. Friends are enimies with secret identities. I have maybe 2 good friends. And i dont chill with them much. Its ok bro fuck people foreal. Family is where its at. Make friends with you cousins if you have any. You can always trust a good family member no matter what.

12. I kind of have the same deal/problem. I live farther away than everyone that goes to my school does and I never really hang out with them. I dont drive and no ones ever really calling me...

13. #13 Tha Professor, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2010
    Don't take this the wrong way or anything man, but it seems like your just blaming everyone else for you being a social outcast, when in reality it's probably just who you are. I'm not saying your uncool, or lame, or any of that; I'm just saying maybe highschool just isn't your scene. I mean I don't think anyone outcasts someone just because they smoke cigarettes, that seems like a pretty weak argument.

However, guess what?

High school isn't anyone's scene. I can't think of anyone who is 25+ who would actually want to relive their highschool years. They were awful, but it was awful in some aspect for everyone.

That's not a bad thing, I always found the popular kids in highschool only went downhill after graduating. They just play the tough guy, and think it can get them all the respect in the world. Little do they know, the real world doesn't exactly work like that.

Just stay true to who you are, stop blaming others for your misfortunes and accept the awesome and unique person who are. Trust me, you'll find people who like you for who you are.

I think it was Dr Suess actually, who said

"Stay true to who you are because those who care don't matter, and those who matter, don't care."

Good luck OP, I wish you the best of luck.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 1

14. Great post, I'm not completely sure why but this made me happy hahaha... + rep for an in-depth answer that gave me hope in life :rolleyes:

15. hah i had no friends (well it was more of a hey whats up then bye thing)

and im fine i was more mature anyways everyone else in highschool was a bunch of preps what drink and do nothing else all day living the loser life :D.

takes time.....

16. thats not always true. i only had 3-4 friends in high school. everyone said when i was done w/ school i'd find real friends. but nope, not for me, been out of there and in the real world for 5 yrs now, and not a single friend left. here and there someone from school will talk to me online or something. but theres no friends i could call in the middle of the night because my car broke down or i needed to get to the ER.

true family is where its at.

i don't blame my lack of friends on anyone else. i did in the past but i know its all my fault.

17. That's unfortunate man.

You'll always have the City though!
    :smoke:

18. Word. :hello:

19. The good thing about college is you actually meet people that think like you, its a nice change from high school.

20. Honestly man, I went through some shit like that back in the day. I had friends but after a while I noticed they were all douchebags and I really started to resent being around them because I noticed how they kinda used me. Got tired of it and one day just said fuck it, I'm going to just stop calling them to hang out and just figure my shit out. Then I walked into school and randomly just kinda started talking to a dude who I just found out was going out with an old friend and then pretty much made a whole new group of friends. I still hang out with them and I have some of the best friends you could ask for.

Just keep on going man, keep yourself open to new shit and meeting new people and you will get through it. You will make some new friends and you will be better off man.