Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do I get so sick when smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by elewis, May 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. #1 elewis, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    So I used to smoke fairly often, about a year ago or so, and it was normal and my high felt good and just fine.
    I took a break from smoking and I recently have smoked like 3 times in past two months, and the first two times I was just super shaky and cold and I felt SO paranoid and I've never had a paranoid feeling in the past.
    Anyway, this last time I smoked I was with a few friends and I only took one hit and it was just from a regular pipe. But I got SO sick. I felt super super weird and like I wasn't even in reality anymore and I couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. I was sitting on my friends couch and I was just laying there with my eyes closed and I just suddenly puked all over myself and like my friends had to help me get into the shower and I was in my clothes and I kept throwing up and like I could barely stand up on my own and I could barely even talk other than saying "I'm so sorry" and "I'm so cold". So like my friends took care of me and everything but it was just a really weird and embarrassing experience. I know it wasn't the weed because my friends were completely fine.
    I just don't know why I react so oddly to it now.
    Also, I'm not taking any medications that would make me react like that. The only medication I take is birth control and I've been on the same kind for 2 years with no issues like this and weed.

2. That sucks, it sounds like for whatever reason you and weed are not meant to be together. The only time smoking made me sick was if I was drinking, and it doesn't sound like you were. The only other thing it could be is if you're taking a medication that could be interacting, but I haven't heard of that happening very often either. Maybe it's just something about your body that's happened in the last year.

3. Damn thats crazy and sucks. I am stumped on this one. I have never seen anyone react to weed like that. Its gotta be something else..

4. Usually it is caused by dehydration or a lack of caloric intake. Combine either with a good sized hit and welcome to the green out.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Did you eat anything? Lord, Ive puked plenty a time getting high when I've forgotten to eat.

6. That wouldn't make sense because I was drinking a lot of water that day, and also had eaten a good sized dinner a few hours before.

7. Hence the "Usually".
    :smoke:

8. Actually just drink water when you get high and make sure you've ate something

9. You got a strong Sativa, it's not rocket science. Get an indica or mostly indica hybrid and problem solved.

10. Surprise! You're pregnant.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You might be an unfortunate soul Who is allergic to THC or one of the many cannabinoids in cannabis. Sure you smoked for days before. You can be fine your whole life and then be allergic to cats the next day. If your body recognizes suddenly recognizes an antigen as an invader. Boom you have an allergy.