Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Do I Get So Paranoid When I Smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Nephew07, Aug 28, 2014.

1. There must be a reason you think these things. Dig deep and try to figure out why you're thinking that stuff.

2. I can relate. But I already have self esteem issues, depression, etc. Pot can definitely make it worse. Especially if I'm in public. I prefer smoking alone, I get way self conscious around other people.
    Try taking smaller hits and enjoy being buzzed instead of getting really stoned. 

I find that regularly practicing different breathing techniques can help. The key is learning to relax. Try to learn some meditation, or even yoga. 

Also, exercising after smoking can really help as well. Even if its just doing a few push-ups and jogging in place for 10-15 minutes.

One last thing, every time you get paranoid, just remember it's the pot. Acknowledge the feeling, and move on. If there is something specific that keeps bothering you, try to fix it. If you can't fix or change it, then accept it.

3. haha Omg I had to laugh

4. We are all after you!

5. I realise I may have come off as an insensitive douche, but I don't care.
    All my friends still get paranoid and it's annoying.

6. nahh you have a point lol maybe I was being a little bitch about it cause recently I started handling that paranoia well when I smoke by just focusing on having a good time and stop worrying do much

7. Im sober paranoid
    Marijuana relaxes me

8. oh yeah those sativas made me paranoid as fuck... sativa dabs dont tho idk why

9. I'm a long time smoker, and developed panic attacks when getting high. I'm 41 and never got paranoid from weed before this year. I've developed paranoia about hyperventilating, which makes the hyperventilating worse. It's all mental, but definitely can have a physical effect on the body. I am very upset about this. People who tell you to get over it need to understand that not everyone is the same, hence the effects of getting high are different for everyone.