Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do I get nauseous from smoking joints/blunts?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by aliciawin84, Apr 11, 2019.

1. I've been a seasoned smoker for 20 years and my usual smoking device is a bong. I smoke daily. But I hate smoking blunts and joints because I always feel nauseous from smoking them. They're not mixed with tobacco and I don't roll, but whoever does roll it, it will be rolled perfectly. I have a medical marijuana card and will even smoke top shelf pre-rolls and still feel this way. Even if I try smoking half a joint, the whole house will smell terrible from the paper, the next day. Just that smell alone will get me sick. That never happens from smoking a bong. Additionally, I used to smoke tobacco cigarettes for 20 years, but quit 2 months ago. The cigarettes don't make me sick and I smoked Marlboro reds. However, I could never smoke mentholated cigarettes because I'd puke and I can't even be around someone smoking a cigar or else I'd puke. Anyone else have this issue? I read another thread for this but everyone responded with saying it's impossible to feel sick unless I mix it with tobacco. So I'm posting my own question with my details.

2. I have no idea why you are getting sick. I would blame tobacco, but you say you're not using it. You may have
    Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome <Cannabinoid hyperemesis>
    Since it doesn't bother you if you smoke your bong I would stick with that. Good luck

3. #3 Grow Vault, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    You could also try a volcano or something like it to vape and see if you still feel sick.
    But as Joker said, just use your bong then.

Good luck! :)

• Like Like x 1

4. A blunt is made from tobacco so you have been smoking it lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. what @HashnWeed666 said.

If its a true blunt wrap.. your smoking tobacco

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Yes that is true. If the OP wants NO tobacco they would need to use the pure hemp wraps.
    Have not tried them yet, maybe i will have to pick some up and see how they are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. it could be a reaction to rice paper - maybe see if you cant get some hemp papers instead of rice papers
    If it is a blunt then it is a cigar which is tobacco and a cigar - which you said make you sick just smelling them - and if you smoke a cigar too fast or pull to much it will make you turn green for sure

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. It sounds like it could just be your body generally dislikes papers, wraps and the like, The fact that it doesn't seem to be a problem at all when you're smoking your bong is indicative of that.

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

9. Hmmmmm, sounds like an odd issue. No reason a joint would make you sick and not a blunt.

My guess is its CHS. You're a daily blazer of 20 years, so CHS would certainly be possible.

10. They just hit a lot a lot lot lot harsher. Could be leading to the nausea. I know I had to learn my own method of inhaling on joints so it wouldn’t make me cough every hit.